The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Any solo runners travel to Disney for races? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3102567)

wendy1974 04-27-2013 01:34 AM

Any solo runners travel to Disney for races?

I posted this in a different forum and then found this one. I love all of the different races Disney organizes and of course I love Disney World! Many of my running friends don't share the same enthusiasm as I do when it comes to running Disney. I was wondering if anyone here has done a solo trip to Disney World for one of their marathons? I'm really happy I found this forum; it looks like there are a lot of supportive people here and some good info. too!

bumbershoot 04-27-2013 02:52 AM

My trip won't be solo, but my run will be! Well, except for the 5K over the Marathon weekend in January; DS will do that with me.

Dh wants to be a runner (he loved running in high school), but he feels too heavy still to do it, and since he injured his achilles just 3 weeks into a Couch to 5K program, it's probably true for him. So probably for at least another year it'll just be me!

Dagna 04-27-2013 08:41 AM

I'm glad you asked the question because my trip to the marathon will probably be solo. Very interested in the answers :).

sanapunk 04-27-2013 10:10 AM

I was hoping to find a disboards room mate for marathon weekend..because im going solo!

wendy1974 04-27-2013 12:22 PM

I was thinking of one of the upcoming races and of course I have to visit the parks. I was just wondering if anyone else did this alone and how it worked out?

2TxAgs 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Go to the events/competition subforum and read thru the threads for specific races. There are lots of folks traveling solo. I'm working towards my first half - hopefully Tink in Jan 2014. Good chance I'll be solo, as are a number of folks on the official Tink forum. Good info on hotels, and I've seen at least one regular mention that she might want to share a room. I imagine as registration dates come and pass this summer, more folks will have firmer plans and you might see others looking to share rooms, or have meet ups and go to the parks together, etc.

CynthiaC925 05-02-2013 01:04 AM

going solo

Hi, I always do the Disney races solo as when I'm with friends who aren't running it's hard to keep focus.

I would be interested in a roommate - PM me if interested - gender Female :)

It's an awesome experience - easy to make new friends - you never feel lonely!

JoshuaShaw 05-08-2013 11:46 AM

While I won't be making any solo trips anytime soon (though I would if I had the monies), I am hoping to schedule one or two group trips in the next couple of years that will enable me to attempt a half or full marathon. My friends have zero interest in running, so it's something I'll have to undertake alone, but it looks like a lot of fun.

JCH 05-08-2013 02:26 PM

I did Princess "solo", and by that I mean with 3 roommates I met online, two group meet ups, a dinner date with people I met at ToT, and a lunch/movie date (Oz!) with some of the girls from here/facebook. I think the only time I was actually alone was Saturday for about an hour before going to bed, and Monday morning when I ventured over to Epcot to ride Test Track before heading home.

My husband is going with me to DDD, and I am honestly a little worried I'll be annoyed that I can't hang out with my online friends...

operationremie 05-08-2013 08:54 PM

going down to disney with my girlfriend but running the half by myself.

wendy1974 05-08-2013 09:25 PM

Well, if anyone will be solo on their trip the first week of October let me know! It would be nice to have a meet up or someone to go to hang out in the parks with.

peachygreen 05-10-2013 04:07 PM

I am running and traveling to the Wine/Dine solo.