The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tusker House vs Boma Breakfast Buffet (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3101888)

TeresaNJ 04-25-2013 02:57 PM

Tusker House vs Boma Breakfast Buffet

I've never done either for breakfast, & am staying at AKL this upcoming trip. Is one better than the other, should I do both, or are they too similar?

Lisa71 04-25-2013 03:00 PM

We only did Boma for dinner and loved it. Tusker house is at the Ak park and not the hotel. We have done for breakfast and lunch and liked lunch better.

goofyintoronto 04-25-2013 03:02 PM

If youre at AK already, I say go for Boma since its right there. But Tusker breakfast is quite good, and the bonus is that you get to see the cute characters! I didnt care for Tusker lunch at all thou. Breakfast is way better IMO! :goodvibes

Roxychica7 04-25-2013 03:05 PM

Totally up to you if you want a character meal. Otherwise, Boma is Outstanding!! Plus they have some outside the norm breakfast offerings. We have never eaten at Tusker before, BUT as mentioned above, it would be nice to just roll out of bed one day and take it easy since you are right there at AKL. Definitely try the French Toast!

MissPrice 04-25-2013 03:09 PM

Both are really yummy! Boma would be more low key I think, no characters but it might be nice to relax and explore Animal Kingdom Lodge. -Amanda

CruznLexi 04-25-2013 04:48 PM

We have done Boma and it is very good especially if staying at the lodge. This time we are trying Tusker house. But it is still just a bus ride away.

aVASTGrl 04-25-2013 05:00 PM

Have never done the Tusker House breakfast, but the Boma buffet is WONDERFUL!! They have a good mix of regular items and African-themed items. Very yummy :)

sweetcreams 04-25-2013 05:06 PM

Has anyone experienced both Boma and Tusker at breakfast? My family always has breakfast at Boma, but I would like to try Tusker because I 've heard it's similar.

everythingALICE 04-25-2013 05:13 PM

I have been to both for breakfast, although both visits were 2-3 years ago.

I remember being more impressed by the quality of the breakfast food at Boma. We took the earliest ADR they had (which I believe was 7AM), so that may have had something to do with how hot and fresh everything tasted! Both buffets had lots of variety and were VERY delicious...I just thought Boma was a little better.

Tusker House obviously has characters, which can make it a little busier and more crowded, while Boma (at least if you have an earlier ADR - not sure how busy it ends up getting) is much more relaxed.

tarheelmjfan 04-25-2013 05:27 PM

It's not uncommon for us to eat TS breakfast at our resort several mornings. Since you're staying at AK & will be visiting AKL, I think it makes sense to try both. Why travel for breakfast, when you have two good options that don't require extra travel? I think you'll be happy with both.

Disneyaunt4 04-25-2013 07:55 PM

Boma

nkereina 04-25-2013 08:21 PM

I would do both. TH breakfast is one of our favorite character meals. We also like to do an early pre-park opening at TH if we can, which will get you into AK early. I wouldn't pass up Boma if you are staying at AKL. I haven't tried it myself but its on my list. It's just never convenient for us since we don't stay at AKL and don't have a car. It gets great reviews.

HopperFan 04-25-2013 08:32 PM

Been to both

Enjoyed the food and selections at both, although BOMA was a bigger spread. They both offer some interesting things to try and the quality was good, but BOMA was overall better food.

Service is about equal since they are buffets. Interiors are both decorated nice but BOMA is level above. BOMA costs less because there are no characters.

We found the character movement at Tusker to be unorganized and we had to have our server get several characters and bring them to us because they were skipping tables.

I would do Tusker again if I got in before opening and on DDP. But if OOP and choosing one, I would go to BOMA. And if you can do both without making choices I'd say go for it. Both non-traditional good breakfasts.

clapton 04-25-2013 10:42 PM

Just did Tusker House on our last trip, very good and lots of variety!

TeresaNJ 04-25-2013 11:24 PM

Thank you, everyone! I've stayed at AKL before, and usually eat dinner at Boma on every trip, just have never had breakfast there. I've eaten at Tusker House prior to it becoming a character buffet. This trip it's just me and my bff. She hasn't been to Disney in about 20 years, and that was her only time. Her, her husband and son camped at Fort Wilderness. I was going to do a solo trip this time, hubby can't come, so my bff asked if she could come with me. I really want her to have a great time. We aren't doing any character meals, so I thought Tusker House might be a good choice, since at this late date I can't get into anything else, but also want to try the breakfast buffet at Boma, especially since we're staying there. I was just concerned if we do both, the breakfasts will be almost identical.