The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kid's Menus for 11-year-old (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3101869)

mom2AidanAndEli 04-25-2013 01:19 PM

Kid's Menus for 11-year-old

I know under the DDP, my 11-year-old is considered an "adult" and I have to pay the full price and he can order off the adult menu.

But if we're paying as we go, no DDP, can he order off the kid's menu at most sit-down restaurants? Is it still only 9 and under? He's not a big eater and I hate to pay adult prices for him if I don't have to.

Trying to figure out if the DDP is worth it for us to buy or not and this part would make a big difference in our out of pocket cost. We like taking a break and having a sit-down each day, but wondering if we save by paying ourselves.

Thanks!

iamadisneynut 04-25-2013 01:22 PM

We've never had a problem with our 10 year olds ordering off the kids menus. Many of the places we go it's either too much food for them or the food on the adult menu doesn't suit their palate, so they order off the kids menu!

goofyintoronto 04-25-2013 01:42 PM

you shouldnt have any problems. Heck, i've even ordered a kids meal for myself once! :lmao:

Lauralooneyfordisney 04-25-2013 03:48 PM

If you are paying OOP then you can order what you want. I have ordered kids meals for myself a few times. Disney doesn't care who eats it as long as they are getting your money for it.

family3indisney 04-25-2013 06:40 PM

Last year my 11 year old could order off the childrens menus, however I did find that at some of the character buffets we had to pay adult price for him.

Joan1 04-26-2013 07:23 AM

if you are planning on a lot of character meals or all you can eat type of meals like at Whispering canyone for dinner or Ohana then the DDP would still be the best option

If you aren't then do not go with the DDP and just order off the kids menu or allow him to order an appetizer or soup of the adult menu if something appeals from there

RachaelA 04-26-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by family3indisney (Post 48214771)
Last year my 11 year old could order off the childrens menus, however I did find that at some of the character buffets we had to pay adult price for him.

You need to pay the adult prices at all the buffets and family style restaurants for kids over the age of 9.

MSSANDRA 04-26-2013 10:47 AM

All -you- can- eat places....he will have to pay adult price. CS he will have no issue ordering anything that he wants but not sure he will be happy or satisfied with some of the choices. Even at 5, my DS preferred to share a adult meal with me. MOST TS will have no issue letting a 11 year old order off the kids menu, but they can say no,though I doubt it would happen. If he is a really lite, and picky eater kids meals are the way to go, otherwise I would recommend that you just share.