The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room request AKV kidani (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3101137)

DisGirl819 04-24-2013 07:37 AM

Room request AKV kidani

We have a savanna view two bedroom reserved. What savanna should we request to see giraffes and zebras?

TigrLvsPooh 04-24-2013 08:11 AM

I find that all the rooms along the backside of the resort "Sunset Savannah" have great views of all the animals. :) We were on the front side once, "Pembe Savannah" and didn't see as many there.

DebbieB 04-24-2013 08:14 AM

I would request Sunset Savanna, close to lobby. When I stayed there, we had Sunset Savanna but it was about half way down the hall, which was the inner part of the "U". The only time they came down that way was late afternoon when they fed them there. Otherwise, they were up by the lobby.

Miss Monorail 1971 04-24-2013 10:08 AM

What would be the best way to request. We are renting points. Would like to be close to lobby because of moms mobility issues. The least amount of walking for her the better. Should we put in a request now or can we do it at online check in. Going 7/7-7/12.

Thanks.

TigrLvsPooh 04-24-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 (Post 48198527)
What would be the best way to request. We are renting points. Would like to be close to lobby because of moms mobility issues. The least amount of walking for her the better. Should we put in a request now or can we do it at online check in. Going 7/7-7/12.

Thanks.

The owner would need to call in to Member Services and make your requests for you. :)

DisGirl819 04-24-2013 03:59 PM

So should I request close to lobby and then sunset savanna? I know the order of requests makes a difference.

TigrLvsPooh 04-24-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisGirl819 (Post 48202474)
So should I request close to lobby and then sunset savanna? I know the order of requests makes a difference.

I'm not sure if the order matters. Just make sure you tell the cast member at check-in you made requests and ask if they were able to honor them. Sometimes if they aren't too packed they can move you fairly easily. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

tofubeast 04-24-2013 08:28 PM

Not trying to hijack... but are there studios in the sunset area as well? We are renting points too and I didn't add a room location request. This post got me thinking!

rpcvpanama 04-24-2013 09:00 PM

If you request close to the lobby you will most likely get the Sunset Savanna. Pemba is further down one of the beads, near the pool. There are studios near the lobby as well. However, this is generally the most requested room location. If you are driving and not utilizing Disney transportation it isn't as necessary to be close to the lobby. At Kidani the parking area is below the rooms and you can park very near an elevator to your section.

I do believe that Pembe does not have Giraffes if that is important.

TigrLvsPooh 04-24-2013 09:26 PM

There are studios on both sides. Pembe is super close to the pool and parking, a bit of a further walk to the lobby but not bad. I think Kidani feels small compared to AKL so I never really minded the walking. :)