The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hyatt vs AKL on arrival night (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3100006)

MomofDisneyLoversx3 04-22-2013 09:27 AM

Hyatt vs AKL on arrival night

Alright guys, need some advice. Our Oct trip has a flight arriving at midnight. My plan was to get a room at the Hyatt, then get up first thing and travel to AKL, check in at the club, eat breakfast, leave our luggage and head to the park. This is starting to seem like it will cut into the day. Looking at the prices though, it's only $70 more to go directly to AKL. What would we miss out on by checking in so late, and not at the CL desk? It's my dd bday if that has any impact on what we should do. Thanks.

Princess Disney Mom 04-22-2013 09:30 AM

Go to the AKL you won't regret it. Think how much time it will take to switch and the time lost is not worth it to save $70. We have had to do this a few trips and have never looked back and regretted spending the extra money to avoid the extra work.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ADisneyQueen 04-22-2013 09:46 AM

We are getting in late, too, but not at midnight! One thing I am worried about is getting the worst room that is the only one left. Are you picky about location or view? If you have to take a bad room at AKL, you may have to go down in the morning and request another room.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 04-22-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen (Post 48176929)
We are getting in late, too, but not at midnight! One thing I am worried about is getting the worst room that is the only one left. Are you picky about location or view? If you have to take a bad room at AKL, you may have to go down in the morning and request another room.

We are staying CL so we will get a SV room no matter what. I'm just worried about A) not getting a bunk bed room and B) any pixie dust that happens when you check in at the CL desk that I am unaware of.

grimley1968 04-22-2013 10:43 AM

I'd go with the Hyatt. I view Disney check-in as kind of a nice experience unto itself. I'd hate to do that at midnight. Plus, at the end of a late night of traveling it's nice to just walk right to the Hyatt knowing you can rest in a few minutes.

I think your original plan sounds best.

mmmears 04-22-2013 03:34 PM

My family has debated the same thing (although we did arrive before midnight most times) and to us it's not worth saving $70 (but to me it would depend on just how much money we could save). If we get to the resort at night, no matter how late, we go to bed and get up early, grab breakfast, and are ready to go to the parks when they open. I don't want to waste my first morning at WDW getting there from MCO and checking into our hotel.

As for CL perks, IMO the check-in is no big deal (and definitely nothing to spend the morning on). We've had CL check-in and also showed up too late and had to go to the front desk. That late there really isn't a big line at the front desk... and it was just fine. They had all our info there waiting for us. And the front desk people don't choose your room -- make your request to the AKL IPO office -- we always get in pretty late and haven't had much problem getting a great room.

AKL CL is wonderful -- it's a favorite of my family -- hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes And if you do decide to try the Hyatt, I'll add that it is a nice hotel. We've stayed there overnight a few times when we had 7am flights out.