The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099914)

JosieCat 04-21-2013 11:56 PM

Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru...
 
If you don't know to turn off your radio(!!), look towards the screen, get off your cell phone, don't put your hands over your mouth and speak in your "outside voice"....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If it's your very first visit and may need a moment to take it all in...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If you need more than two orders for your vehicle....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your car is so loud, you cannot hear us over the sound of it and need to turn it off in able to order...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (Because people around you need to order too, ya know.)

If your car is broken and you need to open your door instead...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your order is so particular you need special instruction for more than three items....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your order leaves you out of breath from saying it all.....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your dog(s) or child(ren) cannot stop making very loud noises (barking or screaming) while you try to order....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (those with little kids, I do feel your pain, but stay home and order pizza.)

If people are always asking you "WHAT??" or to speak up in real life....don't try to order in the drive thru, just read the sticker for those who have trouble speaking or hearing, and pull up to the first window to place your order- if you don't know what you want, park and come inside.


You may think that letting your child order is cute....but it is not. The driver orders. If you cannot wrap your head around this...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If emergency vehicles are going by and you cannot hear the person on the other end...they cannot hear you either. Wait until the siren has passed, then place your order.


Pretend you are having a conversation with a real person on the other side. There's a certain flow, and they will clarify anything they need to, and let you know your total or when to proceed. Please do not just bark out a few words and speed off. We will just guess what you want at this point rather than trying to make it perfect.

That was fun! I hope this gets taken in the same spirit, of a little tongue in cheek :P

LuvsDragonflies 04-22-2013 12:16 AM

I completely passed the intercom the other day, so I backed up and I go "HELLOOOO???" and the guy says Hello? I laughed and said I was sorry, I'd blown right by the speaker and he told me that was okay, at least I didn't drive up to the window like some people who miss it.

MouseJunkie 04-22-2013 12:23 AM

If you can't figure out how to pull forward and not leave an entire car length between you and the car in front of you, you don't belong in the drive thru. I'd like to order, pay or get my food too. MOVE IT!!!

If you need to stop and read the first menu for 10 minutes before you pull forward to order from the real menu...you don't belong in the drive thru. Again, MOVE IT!!!

wiigirl 04-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseJunkie (Post 48175152)
If you can't figure out how to pull forward and not leave an entire car length between you and the car in front of you, you don't belong in the drive thru. I'd like to order, pay or get my food too. MOVE IT!!!

If you need to stop and read the first menu for 10 minutes before you pull forward to order from the real menu...you don't belong in the drive thru. Again, MOVE IT!!!

WELL said!

Handbag Lady 04-22-2013 01:17 AM

I confess, while I was in college, my car window was broken and wouldn't go back up if rolled down. So, I had to open the car door at every drive-though.

:blush:

Hrhpd 04-22-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosieCat (Post 48175026)
If you don't know to turn off your radio(!!), look towards the screen, get off your cell phone, don't put your hands over your mouth and speak in your "outside voice"....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If it's your very first visit and may need a moment to take it all in...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If you need more than two orders for your vehicle....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your car is so loud, you cannot hear us over the sound of it and need to turn it off in able to order...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (Because people around you need to order too, ya know.)

If your car is broken and you need to open your door instead...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your order is so particular you need special instruction for more than three items....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your order leaves you out of breath from saying it all.....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.


If your dog(s) or child(ren) cannot stop making very loud noises (barking or screaming) while you try to order....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (those with little kids, I do feel your pain, but stay home and order pizza.)

If people are always asking you "WHAT??" or to speak up in real life....don't try to order in the drive thru, just read the sticker for those who have trouble speaking or hearing, and pull up to the first window to place your order- if you don't know what you want, park and come inside.


You may think that letting your child order is cute....but it is not. The driver orders. If you cannot wrap your head around this...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If emergency vehicles are going by and you cannot hear the person on the other end...they cannot hear you either. Wait until the siren has passed, then place your order.


Pretend you are having a conversation with a real person on the other side. There's a certain flow, and they will clarify anything they need to, and let you know your total or when to proceed. Please do not just bark out a few words and speed off. We will just guess what you want at this point rather than trying to make it perfect.

That was fun! I hope this gets taken in the same spirit, of a little tongue in cheek :P

Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window :rotfl2:

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really? :rotfl:

Sorry, when I am ordering for my family, I am going to order for all of them. And I am going through the drive thru because I do not want to try to carry it all out to my car by myself.

And please, if you have a screaming child, please DO stay in the drive thru window. Please do NOT come inside and subject the whole dining area to your screaming kid. The drive thru is the perfect place for parents with screaming kids where they can stay contained in the car.

superme80 04-22-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handbag Lady (Post 48175293)
I confess, while I was in college, my car window was broken and wouldn't go back up if rolled down. So, I had to open the car door at every drive-though.

:blush:

This happened to my first car too. I believe I was mocked the moment I drove away. ::yes::

mrsklamc 04-22-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrhpd (Post 48175394)
Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window :rotfl2:

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really? :rotfl:

Sorry, when I am ordering for my family, I am going to order for all of them. And I am going through the drive thru because I do not want to try to carry it all out to my car by myself.

And please, if you have a screaming child, please DO stay in the drive thru window. Please do NOT come inside and subject the whole dining area to your screaming kid. The drive thru is the perfect place for parents with screaming kids where they can stay contained in the car.

I think she meant 2 orders paid seperately.

tennvalgirl 04-22-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrhpd (Post 48175394)
Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window :rotfl2:

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really? :rotfl:

Sorry, when I am ordering for my family, I am going to order for all of them. And I am going through the drive thru because I do not want to try to carry it all out to my car by myself.

And please, if you have a screaming child, please DO stay in the drive thru window. Please do NOT come inside and subject the whole dining area to your screaming kid. The drive thru is the perfect place for parents with screaming kids where they can stay contained in the car.

More than 2 orders paid separately like having 3 cars in front of you instead of 1.

JosieCat 04-22-2013 07:34 AM

Yes, I meant separate orders, to be paid separately.


There are a few more.

If you need to buy more than two gift cards, you most definitely do not belong in the drive thru. I'm sorry, in order for you to buy ten (or fifty) five dollar gift cards, we are going to ask you to park and come inside.

If we ask you to pull over to a waiting space because we need extra time to assemble your order, please go to that spot. Don't refuse to move, argue with us or pull over to wherever the heck you feel like. You won't get your food any faster that way...and while I and everyone I know and work with is a professional, do you really think it's a good idea to antagonize people who are handling your food?

happygirl 04-22-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosieCat (Post 48175954)
Yes, I meant separate orders, to be paid separately.

There are a few more.

If you need to buy more than two gift cards, you most definitely do not belong in the drive thru. I'm sorry, in order for you to buy ten (or fifty) five dollar gift cards, we are going to ask you to park and come inside.

If we ask you to pull over to a waiting space because we need extra time to assemble your order, please go to that spot. Don't refuse to move, argue with us or pull over to wherever the heck you feel like. You won't get your food any faster that way...and while I and everyone I know and work with is a professional, do you really think it's a good idea to antagonize people who are handling your food?


Most of things you are posting here I think are silly, but the thing that I really don't understand is why not the two separate orders??

LuvsDragonflies 04-22-2013 07:43 AM

Because each transaction is rung up separately and that takes time. Four people in the car, each wanting their own transaction, will take four times longer to process.

chiefmickeymouse 04-22-2013 07:44 AM

This one comes from the other side of the fence: If you must talk so fast that no one can understand you, stay out of the drive-through window. That one's going out to the girl at Sonic, who never seems to not be working!

dakcp2001 04-22-2013 07:46 AM

Can I get an Amen?! :lmao: I come from New England where drive thru is supposed to be fast an efficient. Now I live in the south where people think the drive thru is gthe best place to order 25 special order happy meals and everyone around them should just wait. (there was a thread about this before). Where I come from, big orders have to go inside (and there is a sign that says so) and the line moves quickly. Down here its so slow it makes you want to pull your hair out.

There is DEFINITELY a regional difference in drive thru etiquette.

TifffanyD 04-22-2013 07:50 AM

I got stuck in the drive-through before behind a guy order 3 dozen donuts - all cut in half plus 3 boxes of coffee. After asking them to go through the long list of coffee type and asking about how each one is he just ended up getting plain coffee :confused3 All I got was a muffin :scared1:


But I still do agree that maybe OP doesn't belong in their job


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.