The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which resorts can sleep 5? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099838)

3littlecuties 04-21-2013 08:16 PM

Which resorts can sleep 5?

We stayed at the Polynesian in October and I know that it can sleep 5 (even though our youngest was 2 so we didn't really need a room that slept 5 yet). For our next trip, all three kids will be over the age of 3. Which hotels are options? Are there any moderates that can accommodate 5?

sleepymama 04-21-2013 08:20 PM

Port Orleans Riverside is the only moderate that I can think of that sleeps 5.

3littlecuties 04-21-2013 08:21 PM

Hmm...maybe we'll stick with deluxe then. Which deluxe can sleep 5? All of them?

mickeynut1 04-21-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3littlecuties (Post 48173668)
Hmm...maybe we'll stick with deluxe then. Which deluxe can sleep 5? All of them?

All of the deluxes except WL & AKL accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room, with the occupancy at WL & AKL being 4 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room. WL does have a deluxe CL room that accommodates 6. HTH :).

madelyn 04-21-2013 08:55 PM

Also some of the 1 bedroom villas (Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Kidani/Jambo and Bay Lake Towers) and any of the 2 bedroom villas at the Disney Vacation Club properties. Also the Fort Wilderness cabins. You didn't mention value resorts but any of the Value Suites can sleep 6 as well as the suite at Coronado Springs (but 2 regular rooms is cheaper). Technically not on-site but the Dolphin will also allow 5 in a room (with a rollaway). I've researched our options since my family is also a familly of 5. Youngest is now 6 years old.

spiceycat 04-21-2013 09:23 PM

fw cabins also sleep 6.

the CR standard/garden views are in the Wing building - so they can be a good bargain.

don't you like POR?
It is really a nice place - has a boat to DD.

3littlecuties 04-21-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceycat (Post 48174327)

don't you like POR?
It is really a nice place - has a boat to DD.

We have never stayed at POR so I guess that I shouldn't discount it so quickly. From what I saw though, it looks like a very small trundle bed for the 5th person. I guess that would work. Just doesn't seem like many options at the moderate level.

We actually stayed at the cabins when we went with my parents in Oct 2008. I thought getting to the resorts was difficult because you have to take an extra bus just to get to the end of the campground and then wait again for a bus (or boat) to the parks.

We really enjoyed Poly but we wanted to see what our options were at a cheaper price point.

spiceycat 04-21-2013 09:32 PM

POR has changed

now instead of double beds it has queen beds - no trundle - but a murphy bed.

mmmears 04-21-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3littlecuties (Post 48174370)
We really enjoyed Poly but we wanted to see what our options were at a cheaper price point.

Some of the deluxes (like the Epcot resort area ones) have a lower price point than the Poly (and so do the Garden Wing rooms at the CR) and they still sleep 5. They are more expensive than POR, but less than most rooms on the monorail.;)