The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   childrens ddp extra credit used on a under three? is it ok? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3098975)

phi2012 04-20-2013 06:55 AM

childrens ddp extra credit used on a under three? is it ok?
 
Hi,
I am just trying to work out our credits and realised we will have one Childs ts credit left over (as kids not eating with us one night) and wasn't sure if I could use the extra credit for my toddler who isn't on the ddp (she will be just 23 months) but is listed on our reservation. I don't want to lose the credit and I know for definite at a couple of ts restaurants we will be buying our youngest daughter a meal of her own.

Anyone been able to do this? I Know its Disneys policy not to share your credits with people not on your booking but she is on our booking only not on the ddp as she is too young, So hoping it might be possible.

Thanks :)

bigbabyblues 04-20-2013 08:20 AM

No, your card will say X number of adults and X number of children, and you can't use more than that at a meal.

sharonabe 04-20-2013 08:36 AM

But, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Some of the Disney owned restaurants are a little more relaxed, and if you explain why you'll have an extra credit, they may let you do it.

If that doesn't work early in your week, you could do one of the cheaper TS (The Plaza) one day to use that credit and pay OOP for the rest. The Plaza is a good place to do that as their sandwiches aren't that much more than a QS. Via Napoli might be another place. Parents and under 3 could share a pizza and salad OOP and use the child TS credit.

phi2012 04-21-2013 05:48 AM

Thanks, I thought it might be a long shot, it's just a shame as she is on our booking just not on the ddp cause she is too young.

I may try seeing if anyone will do it like suggested and if not well itll either get wasted or maybe we could do take out for her on our last day or swap the Ts credit to a cs credit at our resort, seen somewhere on here people being able to do that with left over credits.

Thanks for confirming for me :).

bdklein 04-21-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
No, your card will say X number of adults and X number of children, and you can't use more than that at a meal.

There were only be 3 people dining and there are 3 people on the DP so your response doesn't make sense here

bdklein 04-21-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phi2012
Thanks, I thought it might be a long shot, it's just a shame as she is on our booking just not on the ddp cause she is too young.

I may try seeing if anyone will do it like suggested and if not well itll either get wasted or maybe we could do take out for her on our last day or swap the Ts credit to a cs credit at our resort, seen somewhere on here people being able to do that with left over credits.

Thanks for confirming for me :).

How old is your oldest child? And are they the same sex? Will the server clearly know that the child dining with you is not the hold on the DP?

bdklein 04-21-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein

There were only be 3 people dining and there are 3 people on the DP so your response doesn't make sense here

My bad I misread the response.

TDC Nala 04-21-2013 09:19 AM

You would have to not be ordering a meal for the other child. If all 4 of you are at the table you can't order 4 meals on DDP when there are 3 people on your card.

You can try explaning this to the server, as this doesn't seem to be the kind of situation they are trying to prevent by saying you can't use DDP to pay for meals for someone who isn't on your room reservation. But you should be prepared to be told that you can only use DDP for 3 meals.

phi2012 04-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 48168157)
You would have to not be ordering a meal for the other child. If all 4 of you are at the table you can't order 4 meals on DDP when there are 3 people on your card.

You can try explaning this to the server, as this doesn't seem to be the kind of situation they are trying to prevent by saying you can't use DDP to pay for meals for someone who isn't on your room reservation. But you should be prepared to be told that you can only use DDP for 3 meals.

Thanks, will give it a try, but will not expect to be able to use the extra credit, just hope I get some Disney magic. pixiedust:

Thanks again everyone :thumbsup2

katilac 04-23-2013 09:22 PM

Maybe we've just had great luck, but we've never had a problem with this. We usually travel with my family on one booking, and then my mom/sister on their own booking. We eat together a lot, and have never had a problem deducting all the meals from just one card (and this is with them only having 2 on their card, and deducting for 6 meals total).

So, I would certainly try it, just be ready to pay OOP.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.