The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Events/Competition (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Space Coast Half Marathon questions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3098463)

belle2211 04-18-2013 09:41 PM

Space Coast Half Marathon questions
 
Hi! I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for the Space Coast Half. 2 questions--

1) Do you need a proof of time? (if so, what distance?)
2) I saw where their shirts are unisex. Do they run about the same size as Disney's (I wear an xs in their unisex tech tees)

Thanks!

Disneyland_emily 04-19-2013 07:16 AM

It's a great race overall and easily my fav race..

No proof of time required and its not hard corrals just line up by pace (and right side of street since half is one side full-but it's obvious)

Course is flat and basic (run down a street come back on the same street)
Post race is wonderful :) eggs,pancakes,pizza and more

I like the shirts but found sizes a tad more generous than wdw (it's brooks shirts) but not overly large...

belle2211 04-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyland_emily (Post 48149635)
It's a great race overall and easily my fav race..

No proof of time required and its not hard corrals just line up by pace (and right side of street since half is one side full-but it's obvious)

Course is flat and basic (run down a street come back on the same street)
Post race is wonderful :) eggs,pancakes,pizza and more

I like the shirts but found sizes a tad more generous than wdw (it's brooks shirts) but not overly large...

Thank you so much!

niclodn 04-26-2013 04:25 PM

I'm planning to run this one too! Looking forward to it and the new space shuttle medals:)

sunnygal041 04-26-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niclodn (Post 48223653)
I'm planning to run this one too! Looking forward to it and the new space shuttle medals:)

You're a beast, Nic! In a good, running way. 😃

SuperHappyFunTimes 04-26-2013 07:40 PM

I'm registered for this too-the half. The medals look awesome and it's the weekend after I turn 40! Now I just have to figure out a costume.

robynslp 04-26-2013 08:27 PM

I registered last night and am more excited about it than Disney!! I want all 7 medals. My husband asked me to register him as well. This should be interesting! He is the ultimate couch potato. I think we need our own official thread!! I too am thinking on costuming. I have a pretty good idea already but I need to flesh it out.

belle2211 04-30-2013 08:32 PM

I'm excited for the medal too!

Would any woman who's run it before be willing to tell me what size they wear in the Disney unisex techs and then what they got/should have gotten for the Space Coast half unisex techs? My sizing is so all over the board for shirts that I'm afraid to guess!

Bephus 05-01-2013 09:17 AM

I am 90% sure I am running thus race too (the 1/2). Going to join in the thread to find out about the shirt sizes too. I also struggle with getting the right shirt when it comes to unisex sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disneyland_emily 05-01-2013 10:29 AM

Im of little help because I hate wearing Tech shirts and so never wear them at all.. I ususally just get the XS and throw them in the closet..

See if this helps all shirts pictured are XS-
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-P...501_111013.jpg
Space Coast from Last year (white) under the DLR Half from Last year- Pretty much identical cuts/sizes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8...501_110805.jpg
Space Coast under the Princess Half (Women's cut) from this year

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...501_110855.jpg

Space Coast under the WDW Full from this year- Body cut similar but sleeves significantly smaller on WDW

and not pictured- the short sleeve version from S Coast 2 years ago matches (except for well the sleeves) exact

If anyone wants pics to compare other WDW race shirts let me know I prob have them :)

-em

John VN 05-01-2013 10:31 AM

This year's S.C. will be our 4th in a row. Absolutely love it and the food after is GREAT. DW is into the bling but as for me, I don't care yet this year's medal is cool.

You have to watch out for the street camber because it can be hard on the knees. The course has little ups and downs and overall a very fast course.

BTW, we stay at the Best Western w/ocean view. Very nice, great breakfast and hassle free bus transportation to and from the race. They even had a very nice goody bag for us last year with plenty to eat while on the bus heading to the race.

As mentioned, no proof of time and DW knows clothing size not me. :confused3 Sorry

longhorns2 05-01-2013 11:18 AM

I'm in for the half! I watched my Twitter friends run it last year and was dying to be there! Looks like a lot of fun and the medals- well, who can resist the Big Bang Series?!

Thanks for the shirt comparison- I had to send an email and switch mine. I didnt realize they were unisex! I will need a M not an XL!

belle2211 05-01-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyland_emily (Post 48266893)
Im of little help because I hate wearing Tech shirts and so never wear them at all.. I ususally just get the XS and throw them in the closet..

See if this helps all shirts pictured are XS-
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-P...501_111013.jpg
Space Coast from Last year (white) under the DLR Half from Last year- Pretty much identical cuts/sizes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8...501_110805.jpg
Space Coast under the Princess Half (Women's cut) from this year

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...501_110855.jpg

Space Coast under the WDW Full from this year- Body cut similar but sleeves significantly smaller on WDW

and not pictured- the short sleeve version from S Coast 2 years ago matches (except for well the sleeves) exact

If anyone wants pics to compare other WDW race shirts let me know I prob have them :)

-em

Thank you so much! I think I'm going to go with an XS! (I wear an XS in all the unisex techs and a small in the princess tech)

cewait 05-02-2013 07:34 PM

Definitely in for the shuttle medals. Though, I am planning on the full.

swimfly 05-03-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cewait (Post 48282636)
Definitely in for the shuttle medals. Though, I am planning on the full.

I'm teetering on the half vs. full. I'm worried it may be too close to the Dopey. I'm running the Outback 1/2 on Thursday and then Space Coast Sunday. Would running the full at Space Coast be too much?

Oh... I'm also running RNR Savannah the beginning of November.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.