The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Online Check-In Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097486)

Dixiemom 04-17-2013 07:14 AM

Online Check-In Question

I was checking in online last night after tying my reservation to the system.....I came to a part when I was asked to enter a credit card and create a pin. My question is this: will I be able to change this card later? My trip is not fully paid for so I had this freak fear that they would charge my card for the balance LOL......no, actually, I may be using a different card while on property so I wanted to make sure this was something I could change if needed.

DebbieB 04-17-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 48128282)
I was checking in online last night after tying my reservation to the system.....I came to a part when I was asked to enter a credit card and create a pin. My question is this: will I be able to change this card later? My trip is not fully paid for so I had this freak fear that they would charge my card for the balance LOL......no, actually, I may be using a different card while on property so I wanted to make sure this was something I could change if needed.

There's no advantage to checking in online now (60 days by your ticker). I would wait until you know what card you want.

Christine9125 04-17-2013 08:05 AM

My understanding of the card is-this would be the card you are using while on property that would be tied to your KTTW card

dansdad 04-17-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine9125
My understanding of the card is-this would be the card you are using while on property that would be tied to your KTTW card

This. And you can always change it when you physically check in.

disnut8 04-17-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 48128282)

I just did online check in for Memorial Day weekend and I can easily change my credit card info on the site. It's just that you are allowed one card but you can change it. No big deal.

bumbershoot 04-17-2013 07:03 PM

they will not be charging that card after you do online checkin. There *might* be a $1 authorization, but you might never see that (some CCs/banks show it, some don't).

It's strictly to set things up for the KTTW, but you can change it or get rid of it altogether, when you actually check in at the desk.

Dixiemom 04-17-2013 11:20 PM

Thanks everyone! The only reason I was going to check in this early was because I thought andrewiley recommended it be done when making requests.......