The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Booking through Travelocity? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097173)

TagsMissy 04-16-2013 02:22 PM

Booking through Travelocity?
 
Hey all I have a question -- has anybody booked a cruise through Travelocity? I was looking at the repo cruise from LA to Vancouver and the repo cruise is cheaper in Canadian $$ on Travelocy vs direct on the Disney website in USD ((so I've not even done the conversion)).

Just wondering your experience booking through Travelocity and if you've ever had issues?

ruadisneyfan2 04-16-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TagsMissy (Post 48121968)
Hey all I have a question -- has anybody booked a cruise through Travelocity? I was looking at the repo cruise from LA to Vancouver and the repo cruise is cheaper in Canadian $$ on Travelocy vs direct on the Disney website in USD ((so I've not even done the conversion)).

Just wondering your experience booking through Travelocity and if you've ever had issues?

Be sure to check the price all the way through to including taxes. DCL doesn't allow any TA to discount the cruise fare so most TAs offer some other kind of bonus to entice ppl to book: onboard credits, small gifts, etc.

Keep in mind then that Travelocity would be your TA. That means any changes you want to make, payments, problems, etc. all goes through Travelocity.
I've never used them myself, but most large, online travel agencies such as Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, are better known for pricing, not customer service.

TagsMissy 04-16-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 (Post 48122234)
Be sure to check the price all the way through to including taxes. DCL doesn't allow any TA to discount the cruise fare so most TAs offer some other kind of bonus to entice ppl to book: onboard credits, small gifts, etc.

Keep in mind then that Travelocity would be your TA. That means any changes you want to make, payments, problems, etc. all goes through Travelocity.
I've never used them myself, but most large, online travel agencies such as Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, are better known for pricing, not customer service.

it's a last minute thing so there'd really not be any changes...

ruadisneyfan2 04-16-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TagsMissy (Post 48122685)
it's a last minute thing so there'd really not be any changes...

then go for it. :goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.