The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tell me what Whispering Canyon is like these days? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097168)

LisaInNc 04-16-2013 01:14 PM

Tell me what Whispering Canyon is like these days?
 
I am not talking about the food. I don't have any high expectations for that I want to know how much silliness goes on?

Our first experience was in 2006 and there were hats made out of napkins, lots of noise, pony races the men singing "I'm a little teapot" funny rude servers.

We went back the nest year and it was blah. Same thing the year after than, then they stopped with the napkin hats.

We gave up and it's been 4 years since our last meal there.

I am planing a trip for October and I want to know if it's the same or has changed at all.

Anyone that has been going for years want to update me?

Thanks!!!
Lisa

MinnieLovesMickey12 04-16-2013 03:15 PM

We went last October and the only antics I saw was the whole Ketchup thing. My husband intentionally did not ask for Ketchup because he didn't want to have that kind of attention. Other than that our waitress wasn't rude, didn't joke around and I didn't see anyone around us doing anything either. And as for the food its disgusting. Nobody in my family liked it. We will never go back.

Mkrop 04-16-2013 03:46 PM

We were there in July 2012. We did the hokey pokey. They had the pony races. Our server was hysterical and picked on DH. We did the ketchup thing. The boy behind us dropped his knife and he was brought the big black cardboard knife. I saw big drinks being brought out to people. We sang happy birthday, the whole restaurant to someone.

butterfly71076 04-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkrop (Post 48123450)
We were there in July 2012. We did the hokey pokey. They had the pony races. Our server was hysterical and picked on DH. We did the ketchup thing. The boy behind us dropped his knife and he was brought the big black cardboard knife. I saw big drinks being brought out to people. We sang happy birthday, the whole restaurant to someone.

Sounds like a lot of fun! I was thinking of making a reservation for our trip in Dec.

TreslovesWDW 04-17-2013 09:07 AM

In 2007 it was so much fun we couldn't wait to go again.Went in 2010 it was fun but not as much my daughter asked for a large drink and the waitress said sorry we are out of the big glasses right now:rolleyes1Then we went in 2011 and the only thing they did was the ketchup and the food was very bad.My husband said no more it isn't fun or funny and bad food ...its just a waste of money.I am not sure why it is like that now because my first time was so great and crazy in there, they don't bang the trays to sound like horses trotting anymore I thought that was great..haha Just boring now and a part of me wants to try breakfast instead but the whole family says no cause they want the fun that they had before.I hope they will change and go back to the way it was.

pigletto 04-17-2013 09:39 AM

I think we went in 2010. Plenty of antics but by far the worst food I've had at Disney. The liquid smoke taste was in everything. Great if you like it.. horrible if you detest it. Add a milkshake on to that and I still shudder at the though. It made me ill.
We'll be staying at WL this Christmas and I'd like to try breakfast but I wouldn't be going for the antics.

disneypunch 04-17-2013 09:49 AM

Wow now I am thinking of changing my reservations. We wanted to eat here than head over to the campground for the campfire. I went here probably about 5 years ago and nothing stood out for me. My brothers just went this month and said it was their favorite meal. They are more plain in their taste they don't like to experience new and different foods. So wonder where I could eat before heading over to the campfire. I guess I will go do some research...just when I thought all the FUN planning was finished. Hehe that's have the fun for me.

Mkrop 04-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneypunch (Post 48130125)
Wow now I am thinking of changing my reservations. We wanted to eat here than head over to the campground for the campfire. I went here probably about 5 years ago and nothing stood out for me. My brothers just went this month and said it was their favorite meal. They are more plain in their taste they don't like to experience new and different foods. So wonder where I could eat before heading over to the campfire. I guess I will go do some research...just when I thought all the FUN planning was finished. Hehe that's have the fun for me.

My family thought the food was fine. And in July 2012 they had antics.

AmyB2006 04-17-2013 10:37 AM

How is it for breakfast? Do they do the same antics then? We're only going to do breakfast there in October for our stay.

Happyjen27 04-17-2013 12:18 PM

I went in Dec 2012, and it was my favorite meal.

They did the ketchup, our waitress was funny, and we were funny back so created a good dynamic. When she brought drinks, she threw about a dozen cocktail napkins up in the air to just land about the table. She brought my DH a drink in an enormous glass, and then when I asked for more water, but not so much as him, she brought a tiny glass. When my kids saw the cute little glass, they asked for a little water and she brought them tiny glasses too.

As for the food, it was great. It lived up to what I expected. My tastebuds were calibrated for a meal of that caliber and I got what I expected, and the bill was also in alignment. That was why it was my favorite meal. Unlike 'Ohana or CRT which did not live up to my expectations.

This meal (and Chef Mickey because of the kids) is my only must-repeat for my upcoming December trip.

Masonmj84 04-17-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyB2006 (Post 48130576)
How is it for breakfast? Do they do the same antics then? We're only going to do breakfast there in October for our stay.

Also curious about breakfast (not so much for the antics as for the food).

We're planning a a trip that includes staying at WL and are thinking of trying this for breakfast on a non-park day.

I've heard people say, if you go for breakfast, go for the skillet. But I'm not a fan of biscuits and gravy or breakfast potatoes (and while I LOVE me some Mickey Waffles, we have 3 or 4 character breakfast planned where these are available).

So, I'm thinking that, for about the same price as the skillet, I might prefer the buttermilk pancakes with bacon and a bottomless milkshake.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.