The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DVC Member Cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097098)

DisneyQueen1320 04-16-2013 10:49 AM

DVC Member Cruise

I'm trying to decide when to take our next cruise.
Are DVC member cruises worth the extra points and money?

OrangeCountyCommuter 04-16-2013 11:04 AM

Some people love them. I have read a lot of reviews and I didn't find them that great. Yes, you get good gifts but...you also get a lot of "sales pitch'

But the cost.. LOL! I can't justify paying that much more then the same cruise a week earlier or later....

darkwing818 04-16-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter (Post 48120463)
Some people love them. I have read a lot of reviews and I didn't find them that great. Yes, you get good gifts but...you also get a lot of "sales pitch'

But the cost.. LOL! I can't justify paying that much more then the same cruise a week earlier or later....

We did the member cruise back in 2008 for our 20th anniversary & loved it. Guess we were just lucky but never :sad2: got any more of a sales pitch than a normal cruise (when you attend the receptions). Got a lot of cool gifts & they had special shows & Disney celebrities, who gave talks, signings etc.

It was more points than the normal cruise (for that time of the year) but we really enjoyed ourselves. ::yes::

OrangeCountyCommuter 04-16-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkwing818 (Post 48120622)
We did the member cruise back in 2008 for our 20th anniversary & loved it. Guess we were just lucky but never :sad2: got any more of a sales pitch than a normal cruise (when you attend the receptions). Got a lot of cool gifts & they had special shows & Disney celebrities, who gave talks, signings etc.

It was more points than the normal cruise (for that time of the year) but we really enjoyed ourselves. ::yes::

Have you read the more recent reviews?

During the early years of this feature the reviews were wonderful and I was jealous. When they announced the last two I went and read the reviews of the more recent cruises as one of them actually worked with my schedule.... Entertainment was 'look another special offer' LOL! It really seemed to have gone way downhill and I was no longer jealous or wanted to go. Even the gifts were kind of strange and if you did the cruise more then one year in a row you just got duplicates year after year LOL!

Now I was told this year's cruise was better but haven't seen any real reviews.

darkwing818 04-16-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter (Post 48120670)
Have you read the more recent reviews?

During the early years of this feature the reviews were wonderful and I was jealous. When they announced the last two I went and read the reviews of the more recent cruises as one of them actually worked with my schedule.... Entertainment was 'look another special offer' LOL! It really seemed to have gone way downhill and I was no longer jealous or wanted to go. Even the gifts were kind of strange and if you did the cruise more then one year in a row you just got duplicates year after year LOL!

Now I was told this year's cruise was better but haven't seen any real reviews.

As I stated our cruise was in 2008 & we had a great time; I only try comment on what I know from first hand experience ::yes:: . I try take most reviews with a grain of salt, but that's just me.