The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Short notice cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097089)

disney314 04-16-2013 10:37 AM

Short notice cruise
 
What is the shortest amount of time you have to book a cruise? Can you book a couple days before? We had to cancel our cruise because of so many uncertainties next spring break, but if somehow all the stars aligned, could we book at the last minute? (well for us the drive is 17 hours, so it would have to be a couple days before).

iloverags2 04-16-2013 10:42 AM

I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2007 three days prior to sailing. A few weeks ago I booked a Princess cruise a week prior to sailing (and met a woman on board who had booked four days prior). Not sure about DCL, but I would imagine it is similar. I will say I have noticed DCL's rates are not as generous as other cruise lines the closer you get to the sailing date. ;)

Justacruiser 04-16-2013 10:52 AM

I have book DCL 3 days out. After that they pull the cruise off the website.

It went fine.

I drive about 20 hours each way also!

disney314 04-16-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justacruiser (Post 48120342)
I have book DCL 3 days out. After that they pull the cruise off the website.

It went fine.

I drive about 20 hours each way also!

Thanks that would work!

Justacruiser 04-16-2013 11:01 AM

You would need to do the on-line check in and then report to the terminal at your designated time. A little early is fine. You will not recieve lugge tags in the mail. The have blank tags at the terminal when you offload your luggage.

you will have 2nd seating for dinner.

disney314 04-16-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justacruiser (Post 48120432)
You would need to do the on-line check in and then report to the terminal at your designated time. A little early is fine. You will not recieve lugge tags in the mail. The have blank tags at the terminal when you offload your luggage.

you will have 2nd seating for dinner.

I could live with that. We are platinum members, so we do have experience with the cruise. And I would absolutely love to go on the Magic for a 4 night next spring break. I love the old ships but only want to sail when they go to Castaway Cay. And they have a sailing that we booked but had to cancel because my DD has a tournament, but if they lose the week before, she would be free. We won't know that until a then though, so this would have to be a spontaneous decision.

conan979 04-16-2013 11:38 AM

Disney policy is that you can book 48 hours to departure. We've booked as little as two weeks.

1153rsmith 04-16-2013 11:56 AM

My brother booked the Wonder yesterday and we leave Monday. I am sure we will have more trouble getting everything together than DCL will.:rotfl2:

MikeAndNick 04-16-2013 12:05 PM

I have booked a cruise 18 hours before getting on the ship. Booked 5:00 pm on Thursday and was on the ship Friday at 11:00 am. Booked, packed, got up at 7:00 am and drove 3.5 hours to the port and enjoyed a 3 day cruise.
Note: This was in 1985 and not sure if they allow it now.

omalley1118 04-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAndNick (Post 48121060)
I have booked a cruise 18 hours before getting on the ship. Booked 5:00 pm on Thursday and was on the ship Friday at 11:00 am. Booked, packed, got up at 7:00 am and drove 3.5 hours to the port and enjoyed a 3 day cruise.
Note: This was in 1985 and not sure if they allow it now.

Wow!! That be my hero!!!

PWammy 04-16-2013 01:59 PM

THeir manifests go to Homeland Security 3 or 4 days ahead of time, but they can still make adjustments at the last minute, so I'd call even if it is less than that time frame.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.