The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Resort help for 5 people (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3096995)

iluv2go2disney 04-16-2013 07:25 AM

Resort help for 5 people

We are taking a girls trip for my daughters 16th birthday. There will be a total of 5 of us.......3 adults and 2 teenagers. What would be the best choice of room/s and resort for us?

DebbieB 04-16-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney (Post 48118233)
We are taking a girls trip for my daughters 16th birthday. There will be a total of 5 of us.......3 adults and 2 teenagers. What would be the best choice of room/s and resort for us?

I would get 2 rooms at a value or moderate, which would mean 2 bathrooms. Or a family suite. I wouldn't squeeze 5 women/teen girls into one room. If you want to splurge a DVC 1 bedroom at AKV Kidani or BLT has room for 5 and 2 bathrooms.

bluejasmine 04-16-2013 07:38 AM

I think for the amount of ppl you have and the fact that's its 3 adults and 2 teens you need 2 rooms OR a family suite at All Star Music or Art of Animation Resort.

There are always the Villas at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk , CR but they will run a pretty penny so I suggest doing 2 rooms or a family suite!

Tpiejg 04-16-2013 07:38 AM

It really depends on your budget, but to name just a few ideas, AOA is new has suites with two bathrooms and room to spread out with 5 people. Also the cabins in FW are fun. They are more private, but only have 1 bathroom and bunk beds. You could also book two ajoining rooms in a resort that appeals to you. My family has stayed that way at WL and POR. They are both beautiful resorts.

mickeynut1 04-16-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney (Post 48118233)

If you are wanting just 1 room for everybody, the Poly or CR would be the best choice as those rooms are the largest among the deluxe resorts and all rooms come with a daybed. If you need/want more room, I agree with the others to go with 2 rooms at a value or moderate or a family suite at All Star Music or AoA. Also, depending on your budget, you can go with a DVC villa.

TigrLvsPooh 04-16-2013 08:51 AM

3 adults and 2 teens! I definitely think two bathrooms is your #1 priority! Check out the family suites at AoA or All Star, or maybe two rooms at a value or moderate. Or if you have the money I'd check availability on a villa in one of the DVC resorts. :) I definitely wouldn't suggest a regular deluxe room. We've done them with 5 people before, but it was 3 adults and 2 children... I think teens are the same as adults when it comes to bathroom time and mirror time. ;)