The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Deluxe Dining Plan Price (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3096641)

flamark 04-15-2013 12:38 PM

Deluxe Dining Plan Price

Hi All,
Just got off the phone with CRO looking to add Deluxe DDP to my upcoming reservation at the end of this month. The person quoted me a price of $97 per day for adults but $62 per day for kids!!!!!!!!!! I asked her three different times to make sure I understood her correctly and even mentioned I saw on two different websites that it was $26 per day for kids but she was firm. PLease tell me she just doesn't know the correct price and that I'm not going to have to pay $62 per day for a 7 and 4 y.o.!

jenjersnap 04-15-2013 12:46 PM

I have priced out our various options many times recently online and it has always worked out to the $99.xx adults, $26.xx kids prices for the DxDDP. Call back and try another CM!

TDC Nala 04-15-2013 01:00 PM

It's $26.64 for kids 3-9 in non-peak season. Not $62.

flamark 04-15-2013 08:38 PM

I did call back and got another CM who re-assured me that the first was incorrect. Thanks for the responses!

3pletprincesses 04-16-2013 01:58 PM

Weird, I was quote the $26 per kid yesterday as we are changing our dates and will loose our free dining.

brertoad 04-21-2013 03:12 AM

Does anyone know if I can call DVC to book the DxDP or do I have to call main dining number?

Thanks.

vicki_c 04-21-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brertoad (Post 48166784)
Does anyone know if I can call DVC to book the DxDP or do I have to call main dining number?

Thanks.

If you are staying through DVC, you must call Member Services. And you must pay when you add it.

Masonmj84 04-23-2013 12:58 PM

If your kids were 3 years older (10 and 7), you'd pay an average of about $62 a day per kid. :lmao:

TDC Nala 04-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brertoad (Post 48166784)

Thanks.

You must call Member Services. The dining line can't do anything but book restaurant reservations.

If you are renting, the member you are renting from must call Member Services.

brertoad 04-23-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 48190902)
You must call Member Services. The dining line can't do anything but book restaurant reservations.

If you are renting, the member you are renting from must call Member Services.

Thanks TDC Nala and vicki_c.

So there is no restriction against purchasing the deluxe dining plan through DVC member services, correct? We are DVC members, FL residents, and AP holders.

I remember asking DVC MS about Premium and Platinum and they didn't offer those through DVC, and those would have to be added through direct (and for a minimum of 3 nights I believe).

Thanks again.

vicki_c 04-23-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brertoad (Post 48193563)

Thanks TDC Nala and vicki_c.

So there is no restriction against purchasing the deluxe dining plan through DVC member services, correct? We are DVC members, FL residents, and AP holders.

I remember asking DVC MS about Premium and Platinum and they didn't offer those through DVC, and those would have to be added through direct (and for a minimum of 3 nights I believe).

Thanks again.

Premium and platinum are not dining plans, so they can only be booked through Disney travel as part of a resort package. They look a bit like dining plans, but they are not considered to be. Deluxe, plus, and counter service are handled thru MS for DVC.

brertoad 04-25-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicki_c (Post 48194102)
Premium and platinum are not dining plans, so they can only be booked through Disney travel as part of a resort package. They look a bit like dining plans, but they are not considered to be. Deluxe, plus, and counter service are handled thru MS for DVC.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel our trip today and let go of the ADRs. Our cat is sick and needs to be on meds for the next 10 days. I'll have to probably wait until next month until we get to go.

I noticed today, when online at the DVC website that there was an option to add the dining plan there. I'll probably try to book it online next time, hopefully the website works okay and I won't have to call in during regular hours.

Thanks!