The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pop Waner Resorts??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3096282)

momofkids 04-14-2013 07:35 PM

Pop Waner Resorts???

We are looking at checking out of Disney on 12/7/13. I see that Pop Warner runs from 12/7 to 12/14. When I was pricing rooms today, I found that standard rooms at CSR and POR are sold out already. They weren't the last time I played around on Disney's site. I was just wondering if Pop Warner could be the reason because I did find some availability if I excluded 12/7. Do they reserve blocks of rooms and turn them back later? Also, does anyone know what hotels Pop Warner will stay at this year?

WEDWDW 04-14-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofkids (Post 48104614)
Also, does anyone know what hotels Pop Warner will stay at this year?

You can DEFINITELY count on All-Star Sports being one of them.:)

DebbieB 04-14-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofkids (Post 48104614)
We are looking at checking out of Disney on 12/7/13. I see that Pop Warner runs from 12/7 to 12/14. When I was pricing rooms today, I found that standard rooms at CSR and POR are sold out already. They weren't the last time I played around on Disney's site. I was just wondering if Pop Warner could be the reason because I did find some availability if I excluded 12/7. Do they reserve blocks of rooms and turn them back later? Also, does anyone know what hotels Pop Warner will stay at this year?

Pop Warner is 12/7 to 12/13 so if you found rooms if you excluded 12/7, then they are probably not blocked for them. Last year they stayed at CBR and CSR for moderates and All Star for value.

I tried 12/8 to 12/14, CBR standard and water view is soldout, so that is probably one of their hotels. They would have to block the anticipated # of rooms, they can't end up with no availability for them.

momofkids 04-14-2013 09:11 PM

Our last day would be 12/7. I thought if the events started on 12/7 that they would block out 12/6 for rooms. Do they block extra and release the rooms back?

ETA: I found on the Mom's panel that they will actually be coming in on 12/6. It had a link to ESPN WWS which confirmed those dates. Hopefully someone will come along that has more information on the exact resorts.

GoofyMB 05-16-2013 01:31 PM

I have read that they usually do stay at AS Sports but wondering if that will change this year since I read that the food court there will be closed for refurb during that period. As long as they don't switch to where I am staying.

TDC Nala 05-16-2013 01:33 PM

Allstars (Sports and Music for sure, probably Movies also) and CBR. Probably with some overflow to Pop and other moderates.