The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Deluxe Dining Plan for breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3096155)

chinhk 04-14-2013 02:43 PM

Deluxe Dining Plan for breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe

We plan to have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and is wondering if we are on the deluxe dining plan, can we just order one beverage (either coffee or juice) + one entree?
or can we have both coffee and orange juice + entree?

I remember many of the breakfast buffets will serve both coffee and juices.

mom2of2 04-14-2013 03:13 PM

It's 1 beverage, 1 entree for either dining plan. The only place where you get juice and coffee is at a buffet

WDWFANCBIIIME 04-14-2013 09:23 PM

In my experiences they have allowed me both if I ask politely :)

wiigirl 04-14-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME (Post 48106323)

Same here. :)

mom2of2 04-15-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME

This is what I don't understand. It's 1 beverage. It changed from 2 a few years ago, you know this but yet figure if you are polite and ask them to break the rule it's ok. It's not ok.
You are asking a CM to steal for you because that IS what it is!
DP checks are audited for accuracy. CM' s are held responsible for that. If they are giving something that isn't covered by the DP they can get reprimanded or termed. I have seen it happen. If they are giving you something that isn't covered they are risking their job either by not ringing it in or pushing it through.
It's wrong of a guest to ask and stupid for the server to comply. If you want the juice, pay the $2.99 for it or ask the manager to give it to you for free. Keep the server out of it

TDC Nala 04-15-2013 08:12 AM

Officially, it's now one beverage and one entree or platter per credit at an a la carte breakfast (no appetizer, no dessert, no substituted beverage).

DVCKev 04-18-2013 01:57 PM

If your on the deluxe plan then simply use your refillable mug. ie: get your entree and a regular drink or juice, then either fill your mug with the other drink you want or go back up and get it after you settle at your table. You are entitled to both so make sure you use what you paid for! Since the juices usually come in a plastic bottle, I get my coffee in the refillable mug. :thumbsup2

mom2of2 04-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVCKev
If your on the deluxe plan then simply use your refillable mug. ie: get your entree and a regular drink or juice, then either fill your mug with the other drink you want or go back up and get it after you settle at your table. You are entitled to both so make sure you use what you paid for! Since the juices usually come in a plastic bottle, I get my coffee in the refillable mug. :thumbsup2

The GFC is a table service restaurant not a quick service

TDC Nala 04-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2of2 (Post 48143588)
The GFC is a table service restaurant not a quick service

I think the PP is suggesting filling the mug with coffee at the QS and then taking it into the restaurant. How close are these places to each other, I wonder? I've been in the QS but never eaten at the GF Cafe.

bdklein 04-18-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 48143699)
I think the PP is suggesting filling the mug with coffee at the QS and then taking it into the restaurant. How close are these places to each other, I wonder? I've been in the QS but never eaten at the GF Cafe.

Very close to each other.