The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did I do this right? Booking 2 rooms (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3095504)

JJsmama 04-13-2013 04:17 AM

Did I do this right? Booking 2 rooms
 
Ok, I am doing a split stay and already have the first part package booked for myself and my 3 sons. (1 room) Then after 4 days my mother is joining us and we are changing resorts and getting two rooms. I am paying for it all/ booking it all.

SO, when I booked the two (RO) rooms today, I booked myself, and 2 sons into one room, then my mom and another son into the other. On the reservation, I noted that we are traveling together and would like connecting if possible.

SO, the res with my mom's name I made last. I was logged into my account for all of them. The system then totally changed me to my mother's name and instead of saying "Hello Jillian" at log in, all the sites/ apps say "Hello Nina."

Ugh. Ok, haha, funny.. (Hopefully I can get that worked out.)

BUT, my mom is flying in the 4th evening and we will already be there.
If she gets delayed or something, will I/ my sons be able to occupy the second room if she is not there yet? (I am paying for it anyway.) Can I list myself as an adult on both reservations? WWYD?

cukal6 04-13-2013 04:31 AM

I believe that if your mom's name is on the room, she will have to be the one to check in.
Definitely call Disney on this one.

kellydizfan 04-13-2013 11:10 AM

I would call and have them link together. Something happened along the way. Funny thing about names. Now I make all reservations for my family and my parents. I just called to make a reservation for December. My DD has been accepted to the Disney College Program and starts 8/12. Now when I call, whose name do you think comes up at the very beginning when the system asks for your first and last name - my DD's not mine. She has always been on the reservations but never had one in her name. Now her name is 1st because she is going to be a cast member. LOL!

ADisneyQueen 04-13-2013 05:57 PM

I just subscribed to your post. We have almost the same situation. I want to be able to check in my mom's room when I do mine. She isn't arriving until the evening and I want to make sure her room is near ours. One thing I was thinking about was the credit card issue. If I do check her in and use my credit card I wonder if she can go down later and change it to hers for charging privileges.

sndral 04-14-2013 01:05 PM

I hope that one of these days the Disney computer system is fixed so that this particular bug goes away - so irritating the way it defaults to another name when you have been very clear about who is actually making the reservations I'd call and get it corrected.

Missytara 04-14-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral
I hope that one of these days the Disney computer system is fixed so that this particular bug goes away - so irritating the way it defaults to another name when you have been very clear about who is actually making the reservations I'd call and get it corrected.

Unfortunately, you do not understand the issue. For years, people were able to abuse the system by booking multiple packages, because they could not decide which resort they wanted to stay in. People consistently took advantage of the great way Disney allowed you to book.

But at 46 days out,they were left with tons of empty rooms and tney scrambled to do things to get people to fill those rooms.. They were forced to do the last thing they wanted to do, which was give away rooms. Why? That is wrong for the shareholders.

They put a plan in place so people could no longer take advantage of the situation and book multiple rooms. Sorry you are not happy with this, but Disney is a business.....

JJsmama 04-14-2013 05:37 PM

Nice bit of history there, Missy, but it does not explain this particular bug, as the pp called it. When I make a reservation for connecting rooms for just my family, 2A /3k total, there is no reason for it to change my identity on all my Disney information.

JJsmama 04-14-2013 05:48 PM

I called and talked to a CM about the situation. I told them I would really like to be listed in both rooms. He understood and talked to a supervisor, who I'd that since one of my sons was on the reservation, we could check in to that room even if the 'primary adult' listed had not arrived yet.

Well, that is what they said..... But I admit that I am not feeling Confident about it, especially since the son listed is only 12. We'll see!

Then I asked about the system changing my name, and I asked the CM to check the system and see what name was listed under my email, But by that time there was so much static on the line he couldn't really hear me.

"Mamn, I am having a really hard time hearing you now."

"Does it sound like I am calling from China? Because I am."

I bid him farewell and was able to change myself back to my name on the MDE app. Hopefully it sticks.

maxiesmom 04-14-2013 06:02 PM

I wish you luck. In my experience they do not allow you to check in for a room unless your name is listed on it. And Disney doesn't knowingly allow one person's name to be listed on more than one reservation at a time.

dansdad 04-14-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom
I wish you luck. In my experience they do not allow you to check in for a room unless your name is listed on it. And Disney doesn't knowingly allow one person's name to be listed on more than one reservation at a time.

Agreed. I wish the OP luck, but not confident.

sndral 04-15-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJsmama (Post 48091599)
SO, the res with my mom's name I made last. I was logged into my account for all of them. The system then totally changed me to my mother's name and instead of saying "Hello Jillian" at log in, all the sites/ apps say "Hello Nina."

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellydizfan (Post 48093655)
Something happened along the way. Funny thing about names. Now I make all reservations for my family and my parents. I just called to make a reservation for December. My DD has been accepted to the Disney College Program and starts 8/12. Now when I call, whose name do you think comes up at the very beginning when the system asks for your first and last name - my DD's not mine. She has always been on the reservations but never had one in her name. Now her name is 1st because she is going to be a cast member. LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara (Post 48102557)
Unfortunately, you do not understand the issue. For years, people were able to abuse the system by booking multiple packages, because they could not decide which resort they wanted to stay in. People consistently took advantage of the great way Disney allowed you to book.
.....

Interesting, sounds like the way people have up until recently been abusing ADRs, didn't they have to put a deposit down on each package?
I think we are talking about different things, I'm talking about Disney's system randomly assigning a different name to an address (snail or email both of which have happened to me - dm's name to my physical address and ds's ex gf's name to my email address) or a reservation as described above because their system somehow defaults to that name or associates that name w/ an address or phone number. I don't think the system in the first case defaulted to her mom's name for both reservations to stop double booking and in the second case the change from the poster's name to her dd's wasn't about double booking, it's something about the way their system works and I wish they could fix it so that they'd use the correct name w/out changing it to another name somehow associated by the system w/ that email or phone number or address.
I first became aware of the issue I'm talking about when people used to complain that they received in the mail pin codes addressed to someone who had gone to WDW w/ them years ago yet never lived at that address (and Disney wouldn't let them use the discount) - so I'm not talking about booking issues, just the way the system randomly reassigns names.

bluejasmine 04-15-2013 05:22 AM

I know as an agent not sure if GP can do this I can book a package & put a 7 day hold before paying deposit...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.