The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PIN will not work...please help, suggestions and advice needed (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3095241)

newfiegirl 04-12-2013 01:54 PM

PIN will not work...please help, suggestions and advice needed

I booked 8 days at a mod resort last Tues when the general public deal was announced. Today I received a pin, so I went to my travel agent and when she applied it the price only changed by 40 dollars. I keep hearing about getting 600 and 800 dollars back. What am I doing wrong?

sharadoc 04-12-2013 02:13 PM

Your savings will depend on your level of room, view and the fact that you already had a discount. If you paid rack rate for a deluxe room, then a 30% discount would certainly save you an extra $600 or $800. But if you already had a 25% and the PIN gives you 30, then not much savings. Maybe if you tell us what you booked and your PIN, we can help you figure it out.

Mousemommy1 04-12-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfiegirl (Post 48086611)
I booked 8 days at a mod resort last Tues when the general public deal was announced. Today I received a pin, so I went to my travel agent and when she applied it the price only changed by 40 dollars. I keep hearing about getting 600 and 800 dollars back. What am I doing wrong?

If you already had a discount with the general public deal, the PIN may not have been much more of a discount, thus only $40 difference. You cannot stack the PIN on top of the deal you already have. It's possible for example that you got the general public deal at 30% off but the pin is only 33% discount, so you'd get that extra 3%

Plus, if your room category wasn't available and you would have to get a higher category of room, it might not save as much.

pennyplanner 04-12-2013 02:29 PM

I also received the pin. The discount amount varies on the resort and room type. For example, a room at the Contemporary was only about a $60 savings, but a room at the WL was almost a $500 savings.

As previous replies have stated, it just depends on which resort and room type you are booking.

--pennyplanner

newfiegirl 04-12-2013 02:33 PM

I am booked at a mod resort, and it is only a 40 dollar savings. so disappointed...

mariamouse 04-12-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfiegirl (Post 48086971)
I am booked at a mod resort, and it is only a 40 dollar savings. so disappointed...

Did you try the other mods? This doesn't make sense unless you already had a discount applied to your reservation, in which case the minimal savings difference shouldn't be a big deal.

Robbi 04-12-2013 02:51 PM

I had a pin in the past that offered the exact same discount as the public discount. Not every pin will save you lots of money.

minnie mum 04-12-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

PIN will not work...please help, suggestions and advice needed
So in actuality your PIN did, in fact, work. You just didn't get the huge discount that you thought you might? As the PPs have said- you can't stack discounts. And the savings varies hugely depending on the resort you select and on the room category. Another very important reason to do all of the necessary research BEFORE you make any booking.

Since you are still saving more money than you were with your previous discount, I'm not sure what kind of advice or suggestions you are hoping for.

wiigirl 04-12-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbi (Post 48087163)
I had a pin in the past that offered the exact same discount as the public discount. Not every pin will save you lots of money.

Sad...but true...

tinkerbella16 04-12-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfiegirl (Post 48086971)

By any chance are you booked at POFQ? Out of all the moderates, that one only gets a 5% discount since it is a much smaller resort and they have no problem at all filling rooms there. Did your TA suggest moving to another moderate where you will get an even bigger discount?