The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Citrocos or Narcoosees for Anniversary Dinner (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3094622)

Cshel85 04-11-2013 09:00 AM

Citrocos or Narcoosees for Anniversary Dinner

Opinions? No kids this time and our anniversary wanted to do something a little special, but don't think I can talk my husband into really dressing up for Victoria's and Alberts..LOL

Wonders10 04-11-2013 09:14 AM

Never been to either but I'm considering both for my anniversary as well!

BUMP!

polyforme 04-11-2013 09:18 AM

We love Narcoosees and they even did an anniversary keepsake menu for us. It is definitely a little more upscale and less hectic than citricos but i think both have great food.

Pakey 04-11-2013 10:27 AM

I find Citricos to be a lot more upscale with better menu, food, presentation than Narcoosees. Narcoosees is where everyone goes to watch fireworks; it's become more important than the food. I have dined at both several times and both within the past year.

Personally, I wouldn't dine at either for a special dinner, although I'd certainly take Citricos over Narcoosees.

minnie mum 04-11-2013 10:31 AM

I agree completely with Pakey on this. Citricos is a much better dining experience for a special occasion sans kids. It is probably one of the best Disney signatures. But if you want something even better, consider one of the Swan/Dolphin fine dining restaurants. (but these won't be on the DDP, and you can't use your KTTW to pay for the meal).

kpmdjm 04-11-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cshel85 (Post 48074198)
Opinions? No kids this time and our anniversary wanted to do something a little special, but don't think I can talk my husband into really dressing up for Victoria's and Alberts..LOL

our family enjoys both! We have only been one to Citricos and many times to narcossios. I felt Citricos was a little more upscale and if I had to choose that would be my pick. My son picked it to celebrate his 16th birthday this weekend!

Madhattr 04-11-2013 10:42 AM

We went to Citricos for a 60th birthday celebration. I called ahead of time and then reminded them upon check in. Our server did and said nothing, nada 0. When we left I shared my disappointment with the head waiter. Nothing came of it. :-(

Uncleromulus 04-11-2013 11:29 AM

Of the 2 Citricos is definately the better choice. As Pakey suggests, Narcoossee's is mainly a "watch the fireworks" kind of spot and noisy to boot.

And as minniemum says, there are even better spots at Swan/Dolphin for a 2 adult anniversary meal.

But if they are out for one reason or other, you will do fine at Citricos!!!!!!

Cshel85 04-11-2013 11:34 AM

Thank you for your replies, just made reservations at Bluezoo

goofy4prez 04-11-2013 12:19 PM

I prefer Narcoossee's over Citricos. I myself dont agree that it is more about seeing fireworks there than menu. This place is one of my favorite restaurants and still would be if thete were no fireworks to be seen.

hgeisler 04-11-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey
I find Citricos to be a lot more upscale with better menu, food, presentation than Narcoosees. Narcoosees is where everyone goes to watch fireworks; it's become more important than the food. I have dined at both several times and both within the past year.

Personally, I wouldn't dine at either for a special dinner, although I'd certainly take Citricos over Narcoosees.

Another vote for this! Narcoosees has a lot of kids at dinner for fireworks viewing. While I love kids, this would not be ideal for romance:/

hgeisler 04-11-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cshel85 (Post 48075577)
Thank you for your replies, just made reservations at Bluezoo

Even better choice:goodvibes

3pletprincesses 04-12-2013 08:29 AM

Citricos is far better IMO.

Lorelei528 04-12-2013 02:47 PM

We LOVE Narcoossee's. Have been a number of times and have felt it romantic and adult. (Maybe cause we eat later than most).

Have yet to try Citrico's. Had it on the list for our upcoming trip and though we might still get there, am now thinking we'll do Bluezoo instead.

Citrico's menu to me, looks boring and the decor looks stuffy. We like the open feeling at Narcoossee's, which although might make it noisy, we really didn't think it was that bad.

Jiko's is probably our top choice for romantic restaurant for us. That and we love to sit by the water at San Angel Inn. It feels like it's just us and we always seem to get the same table for 2. We request it near the water at the podium and always wait.

I think what people think are romantic restaurants sometimes is an subjective thing. (or is it objective?). I could sit in a loud restaurant, but if the lighting is right and we're off in a corner at a table for two, the noise melts away.

Glad to see you booked Bluezoo! I've heard fantastic things and can't wait to hopefully try it this trip finally!