The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Crystal Palace vs Ohana ( A Character Dinig Surprise) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3094567)

MsKitty77 04-11-2013 07:02 AM

The Crystal Palace vs Ohana ( A Character Dinig Surprise)

Can't decide which one of thses two character dining breakfasts to book. The trip will consist of me (22) and my sister (18), it'll be our 3rd trip but we haven't been since 2005, this will be our first holiday without the parents. We've done The Crystal Palce on both our previous trips and loved it, but have never done Ohana before, my question is should we go nostagic with the Crystal Palace or should we go for something new with Ohana. I'm planning on surprising my sister so she wont know until we walk into the resturant :)

Or are there any other places you would recommend for a character breakfast that you think I should consider :)

OhThePain 04-11-2013 07:49 AM

While I am not a fan of either CP or 'Ohana, IMO, when it comes to character breakfasts I think the characters you want to see are more important than the food, since, for the most part, breakfast is pretty similar at all of them. Do you want to see WtP, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger or Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch? Do you want to see princesses? Do you want to see Daisy? Do you want to see Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter? Do you want to see all of the "Fab 5"? etc. etc. etc.

happydayva 04-11-2013 08:45 AM

IMO, if you have never done O'Hana-you should go for it! It is a lovely breakfast and my most favorite part is the meal comes to your table instead of going up to a buffet and stressing out about missing the characters when they go by! The Polynesian is a beautiful resort and you won't be disappointed!! AND, who doesn't love feeling like you are in Hawaii??!!

mommyrosa2 04-11-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happydayva (Post 48073545)
IMO, if you have never done O'Hana-you should go for it! It is a lovely breakfast and my most favorite part is the meal comes to your table instead of going up to a buffet and stressing out about missing the characters when they go by! The Polynesian is a beautiful resort and you won't be disappointed!! AND, who doesn't love feeling like you are in Hawaii??!!

I completely agree with everything here! We love the breakfast at O'hana waaay better than CP. In fact, our last two trips to CP were beyond dissapointing so we won't be returning anytime soon.

OP: I think it's great you're taking this trip with your sister (the two of you are the same age difference as my two girls).... I hope you have an AMAZING vacation!

Wanted to add: Cape May is another very nice character breakfast as well and isn't as "nuts" as the CP!

PrincessSamanthaC 04-11-2013 10:49 AM

Personally I would definitely choose Ohana over Crystal Palace Breakfast. Another great breakfast would be at Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club. There you will see Minnie, Donald, and Goofy and the food is also great! :thumbsup2

MsKitty77 04-12-2013 08:01 AM

Thanks to everyone for you responses and for the suggestion of Cape May, having as look at that now as we're both huge Donald Duck fans.

In regards to which characters we're fans of, we love Donald and Goofy and prefer them over Mickey and Minnie, we love Stitch (hence looking into 'Ohana) and the Winnie the Pooh crowd. :) So really anywhere with these character would be good for us .

@mommyrosa2 Thanks :) we've always wanted to go back to Disney World but not something that the parents fancied, now that we're older they fancy going to some new places, so we thought we'd see how much it was to go and found a great deal so in the end it was a case of why not, plus since neither of us can drive abroad yet seemed ideal with the transportation system and it'll be nice to spend some time with the brat we dont get to see each other as often since I moved out :)