The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chef micky or garden grill (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3094331)

xera12 04-10-2013 02:45 PM

Chef micky or garden grill

We want to do a character meal and we can't decide between chef Micky or chip and dale. Any thoughts? We are not going with any kids so that is not a factor.

wiigirl 04-10-2013 03:06 PM

I honestly think the Chef Mickey charector breakfast is better out of the two.

2manydaves 04-10-2013 03:25 PM

If no kids I vote for Garden Grill.

The atmosphere is cooler (Going around in a circle? Yes, please!) and the food is better. The character interaction with Chip and Dale is always entertaining, too.

The only reason we go to Chef Mickey's over and over is because our kids love it. It's really loud, and usually pretty messy. That said, I've never thought the food was too bad (a lot of people on here hate it), and the dessert choices are plentiful.

JennaDeeDooDah 04-10-2013 03:41 PM

I really like Garden Grill's atmosphere. Agree with the PP that going around the restaurant is a fun experience and dining in a thunder storm, rainforest, on the prairie, etc. is a lot of fun. The food is also so fresh. I also love that you get to interact with the characters multiple times during your meal. We had such a fun time telling Chip and Dale that we thought that Mickey needed to have them on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse more often. They clearly agreed and would even did their own version of the hot dog dance. :rotfl2:

2Pirates2Princesses 04-10-2013 03:45 PM

I am also considering Garden Grill for dinner but am on the fence about it since we won't be on the dining plan and I got a bit of sticker shock when I checked the price for this meal :eek: I've heard nothing but good things about the character interaction and food though, so we'll see...

jmcghee2024 04-10-2013 03:46 PM

I definitly vote for Garden Grill. Great food, so much better than a buffet.

jwfla422 04-10-2013 04:06 PM

Definitely GG! Love the interaction with Chip n Dale and the food is pretty darn good too.:thumbsup2

Our Garden Grill Dining Experience

rainynight 04-10-2013 04:18 PM

Garden Grill!

Disneylover99 04-10-2013 06:13 PM

We love both GG and CM, but I'm going to give the edge to CM. We love the variety of a Buffet. Plus I found the dessert at GG to be a bit dry.

Magic3forme 04-10-2013 07:17 PM

we did both last week and GG has better food and better character interaction!! :)

it was nice to not have to get up and get your food.

MSSANDRA 04-10-2013 07:41 PM

If you choose GG, ask them if they will bring you a platter of the kids sweet potato fries. OMG the are sooooo good. We really like the setting of GG and the food is much higher quality than CM, but CM is just so fun.

3pletprincesses 04-10-2013 07:45 PM

The food is better at Garden Grill IMO.

minnierocks 04-11-2013 06:06 AM

We tried Chef Mickey's for dinner a few weeks ago...never again. I do not mind buffets and there are some on property that have been really good, but not CM. The salad part of the buffet was good, but the rest of it was terrible. The selections were minimal...there were very few choices. What was there didn't taste good at all. Dessert bar was ok, but not great. Some will say...a buffet is a buffet so don't expect gourmet dining. I get that...and we eat buffets knowing that but I have had better tasting food with plenty of options at Ponderosa. We loved Boma, Park Fare and Hollywood and Vine...Chef Mickey's was terrible. The character interaction wasn't that great either to make up for the food/price. We were on the dining plan...so we didn't pay OOP...but I had planned this meal for the grand finale to our week and all of us agreed that it was the worst meal of the week.

doclegler 04-11-2013 11:02 AM

Garden Grill gets my vote. Chef Mickey's is fine if you have kids to impress, but the buffet is just like a Golden Corral. GG has much better food and the atmosphere is laid back and quiet. :thumbsup2

networktek 04-11-2013 11:54 AM

we go every year to chef mickeys just my wife and I and that is our first restaurant we always eat at when we get to our resort i don't think any restaurant is just for kids adults only have just as much fun