The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   which would be better? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3094203)

mommy2_3 04-10-2013 11:26 AM

which would be better?
 
would it be better to take off the QSDP and to pay OOP for our meals? i just added up the cost of the QSDP and its going to be $1090! :scared1: we are already planning on eating breakfast in the room all but 1 time. there will be 3 adults and 4 children. the kids are 6, 5, 3, and 2. i hear even at the QS stations that you get alot of food so we can get 2 meals to share between our 4 kids (actually come to think of it the 2 and 3 yr old could share with me and daddy since they pick at their food and dont eat much) and we wouldnt be using the QSDP on the last day since we are driving and have to check out pretty early. we will also be bringing snacks with us to the parks. and if i do pay OOP how much do you think i should put aside? do you think $500 would be enough for 7 days 6 night? we will be getting there around the afternoon time on the 24th of May (we will prob stop for lunch before we hit the hotel) and then leaving very early on the 30th.

mickeynut1 04-10-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2_3 (Post 48065389)
would it be better to take off the QSDP and to pay OOP for our meals? i just added up the cost of the QSDP and its going to be $1090! :scared1: we are already planning on eating breakfast in the room all but 1 time. there will be 3 adults and 4 children. the kids are 6, 5, 3, and 2. i hear even at the QS stations that you get alot of food so we can get 2 meals to share between our 4 kids (actually come to think of it the 2 and 3 yr old could share with me and daddy since they pick at their food and dont eat much) and we wouldnt be using the QSDP on the last day since we are driving and have to check out pretty early. we will also be bringing snacks with us to the parks. and if i do pay OOP how much do you think i should put aside? do you think $500 would be enough for 7 days 6 night? we will be getting there around the afternoon time on the 24th of May (we will prob stop for lunch before we hit the hotel) and then leaving very early on the 30th.

Only you can estimate how much to budget for food by how your family eats, but $500 doesn't seem too bad if the kids really don't eat a lot and if you will be sharing most meals and eating CS. Keep in mind that if you already have the QSDP in the package, you will be charged $50 for taking it off since you are less than 45 days from arrival. Usually Disney waives the change fee if the total cost increases, but since your package would decrease, there will be a $50 fee to make that change. With that said, if you will only spend around $500 in food, you will still come out ahead even after paying the $50 fee. Good luck.

mommy2_3 04-10-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 48065557)
Only you can estimate how much to budget for food by how your family eats, but $500 doesn't seem too bad if the kids really don't eat a lot and if you will be sharing most meals and eating CS. Keep in mind that if you already have the QSDP in the package, you will be charged $50 for taking it off since you are less than 45 days from arrival. Usually Disney waives the change fee if the total cost increases, but since your package would decrease, there will be a $50 fee to make that change. With that said, if you will only spend around $500 in food, you will still come out ahead even after paying the $50 fee. Good luck.

i didnt know that. yeah i should have also mentioned that one of the adults will be paying for her own meals. so that $500 would be for me, my husband and really 2 kids since like i said before my other 2 are little and just pick at their food. my youngest would be perfectly happy with just a peanut butter sandwhich and a little snack. :lmao: we are doing 1 TS meal and that is breakfast at Chef Mickey. but we already knew we would have to pay OOP for that so we already have that money set aside.

mommy2_3 04-10-2013 11:58 AM

oh and we really arent a dessert family.

OklahomaTourist 04-10-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2_3 (Post 48065389)
would it be better to take off the QSDP and to pay OOP for our meals? i just added up the cost of the QSDP and its going to be $1090! :scared1: we are already planning on eating breakfast in the room all but 1 time.

Personally, I'd dump the DDP in your case. You've done the same math as I have, and come to essentially the same conclusion. For us, knowing that we plan to eat all but perhaps one breakfast in-room, and that most days we are decidedly unlikely to eat three full meals every day, DDP just doesn't make sense.

Have a great trip!

sharonabe 04-11-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2_3 (Post 48065748)
oh and we really arent a dessert family.

DUMP IT or you'll end up with a bunch of prepackaged desserts to take home.

Even if you get 3 $12 entrees to share at EVERY meal, you're still a little under your $500. You can get water for free. OR you could get the two older ones their own kids meals and the adults each get a $12 meal.

Will your other adult be okay paying OOP?

waughzoo 04-11-2013 10:58 AM

We are basically deciding the same thing. We are a family of four, with children ages 10 and 8. So that will be 3 adults and 1 child on the quick service DDP. Cost for the plan for us is $635 for five nights. If we buy the refillable drinks, that will be about $66 for all four of us. If we spread out and share some meals we can get six days of eating on a five day plan, since we do not fly out until the evening on our last day. But I still am not sure if it is truly worth the cost of the plan.

We have always done the DDP in the past, so going OOP would be new venture for us.

mommy2_3 04-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonabe (Post 48072441)
DUMP IT or you'll end up with a bunch of prepackaged desserts to take home.

Even if you get 3 $12 entrees to share at EVERY meal, you're still a little under your $500. You can get water for free. OR you could get the two older ones their own kids meals and the adults each get a $12 meal.

Will your other adult be okay paying OOP?

yes! i already asked her and she said if its saves money she is fine with that lol! i did dump the DDP. we place on bringing a few drinks with us in the park. my DH HAS to have his Dr. Pepper which i saw they dont sell at disney. i figure me and my DH can get a meal and share with the 2 little ones then my older ones can share a meal. i am also bringing lots of those water flavoring packets for us! :) we will have 2 double strollers also. so lots of room to carry things. i figure if my kids want a dessert after dinner then they can get like a big cookie or ice cream. i am deft. already planning on buying them each a mickey mouse ice cream! :goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.