The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Events/Competition (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Official 2014 Donald Half Marathon (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3094190)

MrsDuck 04-10-2013 11:52 AM

Official 2014 Donald Half Marathon

When: January 11, 2014

Where: Walt Disney World, of course! :donald:

Cannot wait to encourage and support each other during training!

So, who's in? PM me or post if you want to add your name to the list.

Donald DISers:
MrsDuck, newddmommie, girlw1dimple,sunnygal041, dreams91, PrincessV, sanapunk, operationremie, lornak, lyncecelia, fairestoneofall, BelleProfHP, WVURunner, dlbwright, dragitoff, bumbershoot, disney minnie, tink_lover, mickeysmiles, belias21

goofeygirl 04-10-2013 03:05 PM

Looks like you just started it! Congrats on signing up for it! My first half was the DD.
I think of all the races...this half is probably the most popular. People are feeling are great and ready to go!
You have time to train for this now. Make sure you find yourself the best pair of running shoes for your feet! Get them at a proper runner store place.
Of all the investments, that the biggest deal.

MrsDuck 04-10-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofeygirl (Post 48067016)
Looks like you just started it! Congrats on signing up for it! My first half was the DD.
I think of all the races...this half is probably the most popular. People are feeling are great and ready to go!
You have time to train for this now. Make sure you find yourself the best pair of running shoes for your feet! Get them at a proper runner store place.
Of all the investments, that the biggest deal.

Just changed the title of the thread.. I've ran three 5ks but never done anything longer. We are very excited. :hyper:

Running shoes are ready and we just printed out our training schedule.

newddmommie 04-10-2013 04:23 PM

Count me in for my 3rd half (second disney half). Yippee!!

girlw1dimple 04-10-2013 05:01 PM

I'm in too!!! Super excited about adding Donald to my disney bling. Although a tad nervous that its a week before tinker bell. Oh well! :-)

goofeygirl 04-10-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDuck (Post 48067336)
Just changed the title of the thread.. I've ran three 5ks but never done anything longer. We are very excited. :hyper:

Running shoes are ready and we just printed out our training schedule.

Good for you guys! When you are feeling like you are losing your mojo to go out and train..come to this place and it will motivate you again! Thats why I will keep coming here...to keep me motivated.

sunnygal041 04-10-2013 07:10 PM

Me, me! Doing the 10K, as well.

dreams91 04-11-2013 12:58 AM

I'm in for Donald.

PrincessV 04-11-2013 09:50 AM

I'd sworn off any Disney races beyond TOT for 2014... but I caved. :rotfl: I'm in for Donald! It'll be my second Disney half, possibly third half altogether - I'm looking at a local race in late Oct. or early Dec., too.

P.S.: Hi sunnygal! :wave:

sunnygal041 04-11-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessV (Post 48074101)
I'd sworn off any Disney races beyond TOT for 2014... but I caved. :rotfl: I'm in for Donald! It'll be my second Disney half, possibly third half altogether - I'm looking at a local race in late Oct. or early Dec., too.

P.S.: Hi sunnygal! :wave:

Hiya V! 😀

MrsDuck 04-11-2013 02:23 PM

I know it's early but does anyone have any running costume ideas yet?

operationremie 04-11-2013 02:26 PM

I just joined the site but I'm definitely doing the half marathon this coming year! :D I want to wear a figment hat or do something special. Cause I plan on asking my gf to marry me after the race. but my ultimate plan is to do the coast to coast next year.

MrsDuck 04-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operationremie (Post 48076717)
I just joined the site but I'm definitely doing the half marathon this coming year! :D I want to wear a figment hat or do something special. Cause I plan on asking my gf to marry me after the race. but my ultimate plan is to do the coast to coast next year.

AWW!! :lovestruc That's awesome!

operationremie 04-11-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDuck
AWW!! :lovestruc That's awesome!

Thanks! I have no idea what my plans are for the whole thing so we will see how it goes.

But definitely put me down on the list for people running the half!

lornak 04-11-2013 05:12 PM

Hi! I'm signing up for the half today! Waaaaaay outside of my current comfort zone as I have only run three 5Ks so far in my running career. But I am committed to making this happen in 2014! So I would love to be a part of this group as I prepare!!:flower3: