The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   OK Med cruisers, which inexpensive airline... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3093791)

collectoraholic 04-09-2013 05:05 PM

OK Med cruisers, which inexpensive airline...
 
for 1-way flight from Barcelona to Rome after our Med cruise? Does anyone know anything good/bad about Vueling Airlines? Any other Southwest type of European airlines we should consider? We've got our flights to/from Europe all booked, now we just need to get our one way to Rome for that portion of our stay after our cruise.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :cutie:

Calfan 04-09-2013 05:27 PM

We flew Vueling after our 2011 Med cruise from Barcelona to Paris, and I would not hesitate to fly it again. After being quoted $2,400 for our family of 4 by our TA on Air France, I freaked out and starting doing online searches. Vueling popped up at $400 TOTAL for the 4 of us. I was a little nervous but felt much better once I realized Vueling is affiliated with Iberia. I was fully expecting to get hit hard on bag fees since the flight was so cheap, but we were not charged a penny for our checked bags or carryons. The flight left and arrived on time.

woody73 04-09-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectoraholic (Post 48057775)

. . . Does anyone know anything good/bad about Vueling Airlines? Any other Southwest type of European airlines we should consider? . . .

Last October we flew on Vueling to Barcelona. Service was good and the flight was on time.

I don't know what mean with the Southwest reference.

Woody

collectoraholic 04-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 48057998)
We flew Vueling after our 2011 Med cruise from Barcelona to Paris, and I would not hesitate to fly it again. After being quoted $2,400 for our family of 4 by our TA on Air France, I freaked out and starting doing online searches. Vueling popped up at $400 TOTAL for the 4 of us. I was a little nervous but felt much better once I realized Vueling is affiliated with Iberia. I was fully expecting to get hit hard on bag fees since the flight was so cheap, but we were not charged a penny for our checked bags or carryons. The flight left and arrived on time.

Thanks so much for the 411. I appreciate first hand experience/knowledge. What I've come across so far as options is Vueling or RyanAir. We've flown RyanAir in the past from London to Dublin, but it was just myself & DH. Didn't know if there were any other options besides these two.

collectoraholic 04-09-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody73 (Post 48058017)
Last October we flew on Vueling to Barcelona. Service was good and the flight was on time.

I don't know what mean with the Southwest reference.

Woody

Thanks for the info, Woody. Good to see 2 positive references for Vueling.

SW reference means not being able to pre-pick your seat, etc. vs. how you can book with other airlines, such as United, American, etc.

Calfan 04-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectoraholic (Post 48058101)
Thanks for the info, Woody. Good to see 2 positive references for Vueling.

SW reference means not being able to pre-pick your seat, etc. vs. how you can book with other airlines, such as United, American, etc.

We had no issue with seats on Vueling. The 4 of us sat together.

woody73 04-09-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectoraholic (Post 48058101)

SW reference means not being able to pre-pick your seat, etc. vs. how you can book with other airlines, such as United, American, etc.

We were able to select our seats when we booked.

Woody

OrangeCountyCommuter 04-09-2013 06:32 PM

I am flying Vueling from Barcelona to Paris. I paid a few extra euros to preselect my seat and check a bag, but it was still much cheaper then Air France

WDW Princess 71 04-09-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 48057998)
We flew Vueling after our 2011 Med cruise from Barcelona to Paris, and I would not hesitate to fly it again. After being quoted $2,400 for our family of 4 by our TA on Air France, I freaked out and starting doing online searches. Vueling popped up at $400 TOTAL for the 4 of us. I was a little nervous but felt much better once I realized Vueling is affiliated with Iberia. I was fully expecting to get hit hard on bag fees since the flight was so cheap, but we were not charged a penny for our checked bags or carryons. The flight left and arrived on time.

I'm not sure if things have changed, but Vueling does now charge for checked bags. However, if you book under the Iberia flight (they are codeshares), Iberia allows you 1 free checked bag per person. The flight is operated by Vueling but if you book via Iberia you get the free bag, if you book under Vueling you have to pay. This is the information I found when booking my Vueling operated flight under Iberia for our one way from Barcelona to Paris this summer.

collectoraholic 04-10-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 48058289)
We had no issue with seats on Vueling. The 4 of us sat together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody73 (Post 48058427)
We were able to select our seats when we booked.

Woody

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter (Post 48058608)
I am flying Vueling from Barcelona to Paris. I paid a few extra euros to preselect my seat and check a bag, but it was still much cheaper then Air France

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 (Post 48061353)
I'm not sure if things have changed, but Vueling does now charge for checked bags. However, if you book under the Iberia flight (they are codeshares), Iberia allows you 1 free checked bag per person. The flight is operated by Vueling but if you book via Iberia you get the free bag, if you book under Vueling you have to pay. This is the information I found when booking my Vueling operated flight under Iberia for our one way from Barcelona to Paris this summer.

Great info everyone! I'm sure we'll book Vueling after hearing your reviews. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! :sail:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.