The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Boma or Ohana? Help me pick! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3093657)

meghan634426 04-09-2013 01:03 PM

Boma or Ohana? Help me pick!

We have a trip planned in late September with our two boys (8 and 5 at the time). This is their first trip as well as my husbands. I have read everyone's reviews (well close) and looked at menu's as well. I have dinner reservations for the same day at Boma and Ohana. Which would you choose? I am not a huge buffet fan but have herd that a Disney buffet is not your average buffet so I am trying to not let my dislike of them to sway my decision. Please, any suggestions?

bwallace 04-09-2013 01:22 PM

unless the kids are adventurous eaters, there's really nothing special about Boma for them.

O'hana has kids activities, and its neat to see the food cooking and brought to the table on the long skewers. Plus their dessert is awesome

cmh314 04-09-2013 01:23 PM

I think either one is a terrific choice. Depending on where you are staying Ohana might be more convenient, unless you are at AKL that is. When we eat at Ohana, we do so on a MK day so we can just hop on the monorail.

Ohana is my fav and a must do for me every trip. I've done Boma twice (one breakfast one dinner) and would go back but its not a must do. Since you have young kids, they may enjoy the entertainment at Ohana, there is none at Boma.

The Boma buffet had some really interesting dishes that were not your typical buffet fare as well as some more basic foods for the less adventurous eaters. And if you go, get some of the zebra domes for dessert. They are fantastic.

I think you'll be happy with either choice, but my recommendation leans slightly towards Ohana because of the entertainment for the kids.

Cant wait for Disney 04-09-2013 01:24 PM

O'hana. Boma just wasnt my kind of thing, like the pp said, if you arent adventurous, there wont be a lot that appeals to you

meghan634426 04-09-2013 01:33 PM

I was leaning towards Ohana and seeing that we will be at MK that day, I think I will go there. Plus I know that we will enjoy Ohanas food. Thanks for all the quick replies!

BNukem 04-09-2013 03:16 PM

I love them both, but based solely off the ages of your kids, I'd say Ohana would be a better choice unless they really want to try different types of foods. They will like something if not everything at Ohana and the atmosphere is great for kids.

beth4 04-09-2013 07:14 PM

We ate at both last week. We had dinner at Boma and breakfast at Ohana. I loved Ohana and so did the kids. Boma was a favorite of the rest of our group. I didn't like any of the food but the dessert buffet made the trip totally worth it. Plus, my kids loved seeing the animals after our dinner. I would say decide if you would prefer a character meal vs a non-character meal. Both are great choices!

jmcghee2024 04-09-2013 07:15 PM

For dinner....Ohana
For breakfast....Boma