The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AoA Cars or FW Cabin? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3093323)

DianaPrince 04-08-2013 08:00 PM

AoA Cars or FW Cabin?

Currently reserved AoA Cars 5/19-22 for our fam of 6 w/a fl res rate. Been looking around here and allears and the cabins look really awesome as far as kids activities and seems pretty peaceful after a day at parks. Weve stayed at AoA Nemo before and really liked it,never done FW and the price difference is only $8 more. Dh thinks the bus system will be a pain and isnt too stoked about switching over. So, what do yall think, FW cabins worth a try or stay at AoA suites? Thanks

AliceIn 04-08-2013 08:43 PM

They are completely different experiences. Do you think you'd prefer being in a quiet spot in the woods, or would you rather have the brand new hotel? Both are good choices. For me, I'd probably go for the AoA because of the queen bed in the master bedroom and the second bathroom. I loved the theme there.

The cabins don't appeal to me, but for my friends who love to camp FW is the best place at Disney.

DianaPrince 04-09-2013 06:05 PM

Weve done aoa,it was cool and enjoyed it. The cabins seem to have alot more in the way of kids activites and my 1 son is a water slide fan. Anyone else have advice please keep it coming

Tink415 04-09-2013 06:27 PM

Yes, completely different experiences.

I like to have a car and a golf cart when staying at FW. Can't comment on staying there without them. BUT, we have used the internal bus for day visits and its been ok.

Its easiest to make breakfast in your cabin as there is no quick serve/food court at FW. One of the reasons I like to have a car, to get groceries :)

I think the cabins are adorable and we've enjoyed our stays there. Good luck with your planning!

ElizabethB 04-11-2013 05:54 AM

Yes, with children in strollers, the bus thing will be a pain. I would keep AoA. We stayed at the cabins once and felt it was so inconvenient that our off-site stays have been easier.

4kids4karen 04-11-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaPrince (Post 48049006)
Currently reserved AoA Cars 5/19-22 for our fam of 6 w/a fl res rate. Been looking around here and allears and the cabins look really awesome as far as kids activities and seems pretty peaceful after a day at parks. Weve stayed at AoA Nemo before and really liked it,never done FW and the price difference is only $8 more. Dh thinks the bus system will be a pain and isnt too stoked about switching over. So, what do yall think, FW cabins worth a try or stay at AoA suites? Thanks

We are a family of 6 and love to stay at the cabins. Of course we also go to FW just for FW and do not go to the parks, except maybe DTD on those trips. The question is, are you going to be in a park ever day? Many people feel if you are not going to be there to enjoy FW, why stay there? If you are going to spend time in FW, then it is so worth it!

In addition, the kids can play outside the cabin while you cook. there is plenty of room to spread out inside and out. The can be "kids" without fear of disturbing the neighbors sharing a wall with you.

DianaPrince 04-11-2013 08:27 AM

Well we planned it so our arrival day will be park free,we usually get to orlando area around 9-10am and then two days in the parks,but,since we have the baby we wont be there all day. Sounds like alot of fun @ fw so Im thinking we will switch. Question though, if I request 2100 loop is that good? Is it close to the boat launch or however you get to the boat launch?

Sandi 04-11-2013 08:35 AM

FW Cabins are nice, but there is only one bathroom which can be a pain with 6 people. When we stayed there, I rented a golf cart to be able to get around internally. It was an additional cost, but we used the cart a lot and felt it was worth the expense. You can park your car at the cabin, but you can't drive around to the pool, boat launch, etc. For those things, you walk, take an internal bus, or use a golf cart.

The feature pool area is nice and kids will enjoy it. Our cabin was closer to the quiet pool and that's what we ended up using most of the time.

FW and AoA are completely different experiences. If you want to try something new, do it. But, the size of the resort makes transportation more challenging.

Eeyore's Wife 04-11-2013 12:32 PM

AoA

The cabins have one bathroom and the bedroom features a full sized bed with very cozy twin bunks.

For privacy and a queen sized bed as well as two bathrooms you will be happier in the suites.

DianaPrince 04-11-2013 12:40 PM

Yeah after thinking it through with dh we decided $8 LESS for a bigger bed for us and another bathroom is a better deal,and we had such a great experience last time we are doing AoA LK. Maybe when the girls are outta the stroller we will try FW bc it really does look cool. Thanks all

Southern Bell 04-28-2013 01:41 AM

I haven't stayed at AOA but I have seen it and I have stayed at POP and Fort Wilderness(camper). When I first walked inside the lobby at AOA & outside to the pool I definetly wanted to come back and bring the grandchildren. The Little Mermaid rooms are further from the lobby, and I didn't like some of the food choices that others might find appealing at the food court! We like fruit, salads, vegetables, & fish, but I don't want a crab cake hamburger or Indian food! LOL! But... the biggest negative for me to overcome would be the price of a suite or the price of two Little Mermaid Rooms.

What is nice about the Fort is even though you are in Daniel Boone country, you are close to Magic Kingdom!
The Fort has a Settlement Post, a tavern, a ranch with horses, Carriage, & Wagon Rides, 2 Pools 1 with a water slide, hot tub, Small childrens area with slide, playground, fishing, boating, riding bikes, golf carts, outdoor movies with marshmallow roast, etc., I miss grilling out, having my fridge and just sitting outdoors at night, when I'm not staying at the Fort!

At the Fort we enjoy the boats and monorail as transportaion more than taking a bus. We ususally take the boat to Mk and then the monorail to Epcot. The boat drops you off nearer to the entrance of MK than the bus does from Value resorts. It is alot easier in my opinion to go back to the Fort from MK for naps, lunch, rest or whatever than when staying at the value resorts.

We usually ask to camp near the marina, in walking distance to the boat launch. We have never rented a golf cart but it would make it easier. Its not necessary though because the campground provides a bus inside to run from one place to another inside the campground. Though its needed,and I'm glad they have it, I'm not real fond of catching the bus many times inside the Fort!