The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Should I try another hotel? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092944)

Jenc581 04-08-2013 07:39 AM

Should I try another hotel?
 
Hello :yay: busy planning our next vacation to the world, and I am wondering if we should try another resort... We have stayed the last three time at the AKL, we just love the theme of the resort. When we have had dining reservations at other resorts such as yacht club and WL I haven't been very impressed. The Poly looks amazing but don't know if it justifies all the extra $$$$$$ to stay there. What are your thoughts/ recommendations? I should say next vacation is for 21nights undecided if we might stay/cruise

mickeynut1 04-08-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenc581 (Post 48041585)
Hello :yay: busy planning our next vacation to the world, and I am wondering if we should try another resort... We have stayed the last three time at the AKL, we just love the theme of the resort. When we have had dining reservations at other resorts such as yacht club and WL I haven't been very impressed. The Poly looks amazing but don't know if it justifies all the extra $$$$$$ to stay there. What are your thoughts/ recommendations? I should say next vacation is for 21nights undecided if we might stay/cruise

We have our favorite (the Poly), but we also like trying different resorts. If your trip is 21 nights, I would consider a split stay with 3 resorts. I think 7 nights in 3 different resorts would be a great way to see what other resorts/areas you like. Or if you would prefer to move just 1 time, try a new resort for the first 8 or 9 nights and go back to AKL for the last half of the trip. As far as which resort, we LOVE the Poly and think it's definitely worth the extra cost. We have had great stays at all of the resorts we've tried, but the Poly is our favorite for many reasons. We love the close proximity to MK, being on the monorail, being within walking distance to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail, the beach for watching the fireworks, the large rooms, and the volcano pool. With that said, if it were me, I'd definitely do a split with at least 2 resorts for that amount of time. Good luck and have fun planning.

Missytara 04-08-2013 07:57 AM

Been there; I have stayed my last 7 visits at POR and haven't moved from it. As much as I would love to stay deluxe, I cannot afford it. I am single and it is hard to justify when you are paying double occupancy.

My first three trips were the old land/sea package. I would definitely suggest doing a combo resort/cruise package, especially with the amount of days you are going. It would be worth it.

RedfromNL 04-08-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenc581 (Post 48041585)
Hello :yay: busy planning our next vacation to the world, and I am wondering if we should try another resort... We have stayed the last three time at the AKL, we just love the theme of the resort. When we have had dining reservations at other resorts such as yacht club and WL I haven't been very impressed. The Poly looks amazing but don't know if it justifies all the extra $$$$$$ to stay there. What are your thoughts/ recommendations? I should say next vacation is for 21nights undecided if we might stay/cruise

Why?

If you love a place why feel you "should" go somewhere else?

We have our favourite hotel in London, another favourite in Paris etc etc.

We love the WL :love: we'll keep going back there. You love the AKL, never feel obliged to try something new.

Jenc581 04-08-2013 05:07 PM

Thanks guys think we will try cruising and then depending on dollars might give the poly a try.

grimley1968 04-08-2013 05:13 PM

In our experience the rooms tend to be very similar among the deluxes, the moderates and the values. That is, the rooms and amenities of each category tend to be similar among each category. So if you prefer one resort's theme to other resorts' themes, there's no need to go to a different one just to say you've tried it. You can check out all the resorts for free to see if you like their themes or not (and combine a meal with that as OP did), and then stay at whichever resort's theme appeals to you. Chances are the rooms themselves at the other resorts aren't going to be any better than AKL, though Poly's rooms are definitely bigger. Just go with whatever theme floats your boat.

chocovrdmicears 04-08-2013 06:59 PM

We adore AKL - but we have stayed at the Poly several times and LOVED it too - but our budget doesn't love it. That being said, as much as I love AKL - there are so many fabulous resorts, that I will be trying a new one eventually! The number 1 on my list of resorts to try next is The Beach Club. :beach:

glammadiva 04-08-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara
Been there; I have stayed my last 7 visits at POR and haven't moved from it. As much as I would love to stay deluxe, I cannot afford it. I am single and it is hard to justify when you are paying double occupancy.

My first three trips were the old land/sea package. I would definitely suggest doing a combo resort/cruise package, especially with the amount of days you are going. It would be worth it.

The price is the same whether single or double. I just booked another solo and the room price was the same for a single as a double.

mmmears 04-08-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenc581 (Post 48047434)
Thanks guys think we will try cruising and then depending on dollars might give the poly a try.

We did a split -- AKL then a Disney Cruise, then the Poly -- and it was one of our best vacations ever! I recommend splitting between AKL and Poly so you will get your time at AKL plus get to try a new resort (and you wont be paying Poly prices for the whole trip).

mickeynut1 04-08-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenc581 (Post 48047434)
Thanks guys think we will try cruising and then depending on dollars might give the poly a try.

This is a good idea as 21 days is plenty of time to enjoy different things in one trip. Good luck and have fun planning :goodvibes.

NewmanFamily6 04-08-2013 09:43 PM

We really enjoyed WL when we tried it for the 1st time in October. Its beautiful and you have a choice of transportation bus or boat. Very relaxing and the food was good except WCC. Whoever determined that jalapeno cheesecake was an excellent idea is wrong:rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.