The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How long does it take from POR to Chef Mickey's? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092676)

anniedream 04-07-2013 04:58 PM

How long does it take from POR to Chef Mickey's?

Ok, so we have a 7:45am booking for Chef Mickeys. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and have not got our own transport so are relying on Disney Transportation. With the busses starting to operate at 7am, do you think we can make the 7:45am seating? How long does it take to get from POR to MK on Disney Transportation?
We have looked and there are no EMAs that morning for MK so it shouldn't be too busy on the busses (or is that me being naive?)

allthingsmickey 04-07-2013 05:13 PM

If you catch that first bus, you will be fine. It's only a 10 minute or so ride to Magic Kingdom once you leave the property. Then from Magic Kingdom you can walk to the Contemporary in 10 minutes or less. Take the elevator to the 4th floor concourse and Chef Mickey's will be right there.

Turk February 04-07-2013 05:17 PM

Yea, I think you'll be fine as well. The ride to MK is not that long from POR and then it's a quick walk to CR. You should get to your reservation with time to spare.

dvcHammer 04-07-2013 09:45 PM

if time gets tight, don't forget you can grab a cab from bell services up front and be at the CR in 15 mins.

kaytieeldr 04-08-2013 08:16 AM

First bus will actually be about 6:30, next bus around 7, then every 20 minutes if MK has EMH, or still every half hour until 8 if they don't.

sunsetbeachgal 04-08-2013 10:18 AM

I was also going to suggest a cab...

brian95 04-08-2013 10:33 AM

any idea how much that cab ride would cost for 5 people

Zebbie 04-08-2013 01:43 PM

When I attempted this last spring, my family ended up getting a cab. We waited 20 minutes for a bus that never seemed to show...Please note! While I think the bus system is great...on time sensitive issues a bus could be late, it could be full, or in my case it could have been early and leave you guessing. As a plan ahead kind of guy, it's knowing that you are 100% covered vs. the potential stress of being late. With a reservation of 7:45 Am, Myself - I personally would try to be leaving my hotel close to 6:50am, as I always find being 20 minutes early at Disney Breakfasts can get me one step ahead of the crowds, potentially seated early,... and into the park as early as possible, and "I love Disney in the mornings".

The Cab for my family wasn't much, if I recall correctly was around 15 bucks to 20 bucks, and that was for 6 of us. It took about 10 minutes. Further, the cab ride was to the resort it self, so that was even more time savings and allows me to keep my walking steps for the park.

I hope you have a awesome time! We did, some of the best pictures of our whole trip were here!

gilesmt 04-08-2013 03:46 PM

I wanted to say also, we had ressies for chef Mickey early one day, and we waited for 45 mi utes for the first bus that never showed and the second bus never showed, so we went by taxi and was late, but they did seat us but it ruined the whole experience, because to stressful.

anniedream 04-09-2013 06:50 AM

Thanks for all your advice. Think a cab could be a good option. We may book a can for 7:20 and then go to get a bus about 6:50. If one does turn up we could cancel the cab :)

ItsNotMuchofaTail 04-09-2013 11:19 AM

We went POR to Chef Mickey's for an 11:00 ADR in November. We took the bus to MK and then the monorail, because my DD loves the monorail. I allowed 90 minutes, as I always do if it takes two legs to get somewhere. We left around 9:30 from our room, and arrived at the CM check-in by 10:25. Where we waited forEVER, but that is a different story, LOL.

Now, pre-park opening, there will be fewer buses running, but there will be significantly less traffic as well. I always had it in my head that we could take a cab when going resort to resort, but we never needed to do that. I did find the transportation to MK to be the least efficient from POR during our stay, just FYI. I have almost no complaints about it, but we did wait the longest for MK buses. Luckily for us, my DD is an Epcot fa-reak and those buses came almost continuously for some reason.

bluejasmine 04-09-2013 11:29 AM

I emailed a few cab companies who advertise on their sites they do WDW and they said from POFQ to GF one way would be $15 I think that's what we will do to avoid the hassle of waiting on a bus then getting off at MK then getting on monorail to GF! We will be exhausted before we even start the day! LOL

sadossey 04-09-2013 11:34 AM

We went to chef mickeys last year from POR. I think our res was at 7:50(not sure of time but it was a bit before 8 am) and we caught an early bus to MK. Us and another family were the only ones on the bus and we were all going to breakfast at mickeys. The bus driver was nice enough to take us straight to the Contemporary. I dont think that is the norm but we got lucky.