The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pescetarian CS in AK? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092585)

Leota 04-07-2013 12:55 PM

Pescetarian CS in AK?

I'm pouring over the menus, thinking I gotta be missing something...... is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? I mean, I would expect a Theme Park whose Theme is Conservation of the Natural World to offer & maybe even encourage people to try / eat a vegetarian / pescetarian diet. It seems the perfect place for this, but yet, I don't seem to be able to find much besides snack type stuff. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if they've been successful at eating veg / pesce at CS in AK? What did you have & did you have to go thru the whole bother of seeing a mgr?

princessallegra 04-07-2013 01:14 PM

I thought flame tree used to have a salmon dish. I had delicious mahi mahi at yak and yeti, not cs but seriously delicious.

Granfan 04-07-2013 02:40 PM

We found a shrimp poboy at Restaurantasauras in Dinoland last year for the pescetarian in our family. She liked it ok, but did ask for the sauce to be left off which they didn't do at first. They made her another with just shrimp, lettuce, and tomatoes. Yak & Yeti CS had a shrimp & noodles dish.

Leota 04-07-2013 04:16 PM

Thanks, I checked for those again & didn't find any of them anymore.... Neither Flame Tree nor Y&Y C/S have anything suitable on them - maybe the salad at FT with no chicken? (Depends on dressing, I can't do egg except a tiny bit in baked goods, intolerant)
Restaurantosaurus had a veggie sub, but I had bad luck eating there before so never checked them.... might have to give that a try. I did find a quinoa salad at Tamu Tamu but the one pix I saw of it didn't look very appetizing. Their Fruit Salad looked good tho.

Still seems very odd to me for a Natural World Inspired Park that's pushing a Conservation message :confused:

amym2 04-07-2013 05:19 PM

Disney seems pretty active in their conservation efforts, but conservation of animals typically used for food is not a message I'd expect them to promote. I'm guessing most people wouldn't choose to eat CS seafood (hard to do it right), and Disney serves what they can sell. Pizzafari has veggie pizza. Flame Tree has a fruit platter. You probably would do better with TS, although I know it's difficult to do that for every meal.

TheRustyScupper 04-07-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 48035030)
. . . is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? . . .

1) Not to worry.
2) WDW and AK makes allowances for everyone.
. . . Lutherans
. . . Catholics
. . . Presbyterians
. . . Methodists
. . . Pescetarians

:)

sweetcreams 04-07-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 48035030)
I'm pouring over the menus, thinking I gotta be missing something...... is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? I mean, I would expect a Theme Park whose Theme is Conservation of the Natural World to offer & maybe even encourage people to try / eat a vegetarian / pescetarian diet. It seems the perfect place for this, but yet, I don't seem to be able to find much besides snack type stuff. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if they've been successful at eating veg / pesce at CS in AK? What did you have & did you have to go thru the whole bother of seeing a mgr?

"Pescetarian" caught my eye as I was scrolling through threads because I'm a pescetarian and nobody ever knows what that is! :confused3

It IS hard to find CS at AK for pescetarians, but I found a great stand in Asia that makes summer rolls with peanut dipping sauce, edamame in the pod, and cold veggie noodles. It's to the left of the entrance to Flights of Wonder. :banana:

Leota 04-07-2013 09:27 PM

Thanks Sweetcreams! I'll look for it.

We're in the middle of moving to the area and we won't always be doing big sit down meals - more often popping in to a Park for an attraction or two & a quick bite. TS seems easy. We have been to WDW a bunch of times, but not as pescetarians

Carlyzmom 04-07-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 48037243)
1) Not to worry.
2) WDW and AK makes allowances for everyone.
. . . Lutherans
. . . Catholics
. . . Presbyterians
. . . Methodists
. . . Pescetarians

:)

I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2:

Not familiar with this type of diet. What's it like?

Derby 04-07-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlyzmom

I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2:

Not familiar with this type of diet. What's it like?

Pescetarians are vegetarians who also eat fish and seafood. I'm a pescetarian, too, but haven't traveled to the World since giving up meat so I don't have any tips but the subject caught my eye. :)

Leota 04-08-2013 07:39 AM

I say Pescetarian cuz it's the easiest way to describe my Anti-Inflammatory diet, which is essentially pescetarian with limited dairy & egg & no processed foods/ white flour/sugar etc.....

I used to eat & drink whatever I wanted & loved every Bacchanalian moment! But in 2011, I got very sick with leaky gut, had to give up almost all food, got most of it back & this is the diet that seems to work best with my new normal. Funny thing is healthy hubby started on it because he saw how great I was doing & he feels even better than he did before.

Luckily, I learned how wonderful WDW is in working with food issues from when I was there during my sickest points. I was just hoping I would be able to work with something off the menu & not have to be a bother to anyone now that I'm relatively normal.

sweetcreams 04-08-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 48041967)
I say Pescetarian cuz it's the easiest way to describe my Anti-Inflammatory diet, which is essentially pescetarian with limited dairy & egg & no processed foods/ white flour/sugar etc.....

I used to eat & drink whatever I wanted & loved every Bacchanalian moment! But in 2011, I got very sick with leaky gut, had to give up almost all food, got most of it back & this is the diet that seems to work best with my new normal. Funny thing is healthy hubby started on it because he saw how great I was doing & he feels even better than he did before.

Luckily, I learned how wonderful WDW is in working with food issues from when I was there during my sickest points. I was just hoping I would be able to work with something off the menu & not have to be a bother to anyone now that I'm relatively normal.

I'm curious...are you following Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet?

Leota 04-08-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcreams (Post 48043139)
I'm curious...are you following Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet?

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I'm doing - the whole shebang - diet, yoga, meditation, supplements. It literally gave me my life back.

Leota 04-08-2013 12:03 PM

I want to ask you - how did you know? Are you doing the same thing?

sweetcreams 04-08-2013 12:16 PM

That is such a coincidence! I found Dr. Weil after I had my first baby. DH was diagnosed with high BP at a young age, and I wasn't going to let the Dr. put him on medication without first changing his diet. He grew up eating a lot of junk...soda, chips, loads of lunchmeat, butter out the wazoo! I think because we just had a baby he was open to trying a whole lifestyle change. We used the 8 Weeks to Optimum Health book. I really like Dr. Weil because his diet is so well rounded. We don't follow him strictly, but incorporate a lot of his suggestions into our daily life.