The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Discount Codes and Rates (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   That Universal PIN - What do you think this means for next Disney discount? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092176)

KandyM 04-06-2013 04:25 PM

That Universal PIN - What do you think this means for next Disney discount?
 
I got that same one a few people mentioned for 40% off. That sure seems like a big percentage off to me. It is hard to imagine Disney not having some kind of discount or other for that time period if there is room for that big of a discount at the competition's hotels.

What do others think? Or maybe 40% is normal for U?

twoplustwins 04-06-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KandyM (Post 48028104)
I got that same one a few people mentioned for 40% off. That sure seems like a big percentage off to me. It is hard to imagine Disney not having some kind of discount or other for that time period if there is room for that big of a discount at the competition's hotels.

What do others think? Or maybe 40% is normal for U?

I just got this code too. I'm planning a mother/daughter trip and Universal will most likely get my money this time.

vacation_junkie 04-06-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KandyM (Post 48028104)
I got that same one a few people mentioned for 40% off. That sure seems like a big percentage off to me. It is hard to imagine Disney not having some kind of discount or other for that time period if there is room for that big of a discount at the competition's hotels.

What do others think? Or maybe 40% is normal for U?

That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...

KandyM 04-06-2013 05:50 PM

Well, I would love 25% off at Disney.

Cupmom 04-06-2013 06:02 PM

I would say that with a 40% discount at HRH it would be the same as rack rate at a Mod

JollyHoliday 04-06-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 48028741)
That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...

It is a pin code offer that I got it in an email. I priced Loews Royal Pacific hotel it was $150 a night with the 40% off code.:cool1: I have never been but it does look better then a Disney moderate hotel! Plus you get a line pass for most rides. I am so tempted to book this deal.:cool2:

Mikes:)Mom 04-06-2013 07:45 PM

It means we are now booked at HRH for 3 nights! :cool1: Sorry Disney but I'm NOT going to set around and wait anymore! I still have 6 nights to book, if Disney does not come out with a great discount SOON we might end up at HRH the whole time. I'm looking at offsite hotels close to Disney too.

Ofinn 04-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 48028741)
That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...

HUH???? Universal resorts are deluxe resorts and are waaaaaaaaay cheaper than a WDW deluxe. Club level at RPR is under 200.00 a night in Sept with 40% off. Even if you had 40% of at WL club level, which is Disney's cheapest deluxe it would still be over 300.00 a night in September.

Ofinn 04-06-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyHoliday (Post 48029607)
It is a pin code offer that I got it in an email. I priced Loews Royal Pacific hotel it was $150 a night with the 40% off code.:cool1: I have never been but it does look better then a Disney moderate hotel! Plus you get a line pass for most rides. I am so tempted to book this deal.:cool2:

The Universal resorts are nicer than the Disney deluxes. I would take advantage of the great offer.

wdw4rfam 04-06-2013 08:10 PM

Interesting. We always stay at Disney, and this time driving to Universal 3 days from our Disney resort. We are paying $215 per night at POR WITH a 25% code. We were thinking of adding Sea world next year as well as Universal parks. Will have to keep an eye on those Universal hotel rates and discounts, might be time to switch our trips.

softballmom3 04-06-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 48028741)
That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...

Any way I could find that general code to try and use that you know of?

JollyHoliday 04-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofinn (Post 48029917)
The Universal resorts are nicer than the Disney deluxes. I would take advantage of the great offer.

I am trying to talk the family into it.::yes:: I am just trying to gather info since we have never been.:thumbsup2

vacation_junkie 04-06-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofinn (Post 48029879)
HUH???? Universal resorts are deluxe resorts and are waaaaaaaaay cheaper than a WDW deluxe. Club level at RPR is under 200.00 a night in Sept with 40% off. Even if you had 40% of at WL club level, which is Disney's cheapest deluxe it would still be over 300.00 a night in September.

We have stayed at all 3 Universal Resorts and they are comparable to a Mod. at Disney.
Even club level or the suites we have stayed in.. have in no way compared to any of our stays at any Deluxe Disney resort.

vacation_junkie 04-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softballmom3 (Post 48029999)
Any way I could find that general code to try and use that you know of?

SAVE 40%*
when you stay 3 nights or more at one of our on-site hotels
This exclusive offer is available only to you with this UNIQUE OFFER CODE:
23314686
Travel Dates: April 7 June 6, 2013
& August 18 October 3, 2013
(Blockout dates apply: May 2426, 2013)

Book by: May 5, 2013
This offer is available for a limited time and cannot be booked online.
CALL 1.866.343.5500 TODAY!

vacation_junkie 04-06-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofinn (Post 48029917)
The Universal resorts are nicer than the Disney deluxes. I would take advantage of the great offer.

We have stayed at all 3 Universal resorts in various levels of rooms/suites...they have not been nicer then the Deluxe resorts we have stayed at with Disney.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.