The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DVC gathering on cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3091690)

sweelu 04-05-2013 02:49 PM

DVC gathering on cruise

if you get some extra time, attend one or all the gatherings. everyone gets to enter for a $200 on board credit! We won!;)

luv2sleep 04-05-2013 03:18 PM

I went to one on our 14 night cruise. They are long and boring, lol. I'm a DVC member too! Once was enough. Even on a 14 night, going to those seemed like a waste of time just for the small chance of winning OBC. Way too many other things to do to be bothered with those. Congrats on your win though! If they granted OBC to everyone just for showing up I'd have gone.

Lisavince3 04-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2sleep (Post 48018325)
I went to one on our 14 night cruise. They are long and boring, lol. I'm a DVC member too! Once was enough. Even on a 14 night, going to those seemed like a waste of time just for the small chance of winning OBC. Way too many other things to do to be bothered with those. Congrats on your win though! If they granted OBC to everyone just for showing up I'd have gone.

I agree. Worth it for you if you won, but it was totally boring and drawn out. Time is precious, especially on a short cruise. We had at least 100 people in our DVC meet, so that's less than a 1% chance to win the OBC. I'd much rather have the time and take my (very good) chances at not winning.

Lisavince3 04-05-2013 03:34 PM

They also give free drinks, but for us it was just a very small glass of champagne. IMO, nothing to get too excited about.

luv2sleep 04-05-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisavince3
They also give free drinks, but for us it was just a very small glass of champagne. IMO, nothing to get too excited about.

They gave out some fun, fruity, blue tropical drinks when I went. I got a bag, a hat, and my magnet. Still not worth it, lol.

bobyetman 04-05-2013 05:13 PM

The biggest reason for going is to find out the latest discounts or offers, If you're thinking of adding on. For example, we found out that they had some -AKL points to sell, so we were able to add on to one of our home resorts.

remlap 04-05-2013 09:02 PM

on our 1st DCL cruise after getting on the ship after fantastic day in CC, went to the non-member DVC info (I am not a member) and won the $300 drawing. Made the trip that much more special.

We went to member celebration on the 7 night alaska cruise and it was was fun. That said, the place was packed. Very low odds, but the servers kept the drinks flowing. The games were much more fun than just watch the DVD of the non-Member version.

carmie3377 04-05-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlap
on our 1st DCL cruise after getting on the ship after fantastic day in CC, went to the non-member DVC info (I am not a member) and won the $300 drawing. Made the trip that much more special.

We went to member celebration on the 7 night alaska cruise and it was was fun. That said, the place was packed. Very low odds, but the servers kept the drinks flowing. The games were much more fun than just watch the DVD of the non-Member version.

We went to the DVC member gathering on the 2011 Panama Cnal cruise. Place was packed (standing room only) and I knew odds were very low. They gave away about a dozen small things (hats, bags, ect) and we won one of those. They put everyone's name back in for the OBC and our name was drawn again! It was "only" $200 and we were so very thrilled. Great way to start off a 15 nt cruise :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

robhawk 04-05-2013 10:09 PM

Definitely better thing to do with your time! The spa giveaways on embarkation day was a crowded snoozefest also!

luv2sleep 04-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robhawk
Definitely better thing to do with your time! The spa giveaways on embarkation day was a crowded snoozefest also!

Yup. What a waste of time. Went once. Never again.