The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Progresses with Major Concrete Pour (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3090720)

Rumors Rocks 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Progresses with Major Concrete Pour

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train "concrete hills" are taking form. Click link for more details.

http://damouse.com/2013/03/27/seven-...in-late-march/

http://i2.wp.com/damouse.com/wp-cont...ize=1204%2C800

rteetz 04-03-2013 06:28 PM

This is great i just can't wait to see and ride the finished product. The rest of new fantasyland has looked amazing so far I can't expect this to be any less especially when they have taken this long on this particular thing.

CtinaDitty 04-04-2013 03:09 PM

Oh, very exciting! I only wish it would be done by December because I'm not sure when we're going to be back due to TTC after our December trip. Lol. I'm so selfish sometimes when it comes to Disney. :rotfl:

wiigirl 04-04-2013 03:16 PM

Exciting! :cool1:

monorailrabbit 04-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtinaDitty (Post 48008133)
Oh, very exciting! I only wish it would be done by December because I'm not sure when we're going to be back due to TTC after our December trip. Lol. I'm so selfish sometimes when it comes to Disney. :rotfl:

Haha! I'm even worse - I want it done by Sept! :rotfl:

Jafar30 04-06-2013 07:58 AM

Very cool

lockedoutlogic 04-06-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtinaDitty (Post 48008133)

ttc?

MrsDrewsky 04-06-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 48027470)
ttc?

trying to conceive ;)

lockedoutlogic 04-06-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky

trying to conceive ;)

Oh...probably not the kinda thing that needs to be announced.

20 years ago when they talked about the "information age"...I'm not sure it was all encompassing. :)

bcrook 04-06-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky (Post 48029923)
trying to conceive ;)

Significantly different than ticketing and transportation center. :scared1:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 48030004)
Oh...probably not the kinda thing that needs to be announced.

20 years ago when they talked about the "information age"...I'm not sure it was all encompassing. :)

::yes:: That is some funny stuff.

StarWarsJez 04-07-2013 04:51 AM

Great that it's progressing but I wish they'd get the construction guys from Universal - This project is taking soooooo looooooong....

beer dave 04-07-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarWarsJez (Post 48032074)
Great that it's progressing but I wish they'd get the construction guys from Universal - This project is taking soooooo looooooong....

But if they got the construction guys from universal, it might look like it is from universal.

lockedoutlogic 04-07-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarWarsJez (Post 48032074)

its probably intentional...

whether that's true or not...i like to think that this idea is growing in public opinion.

It would be nice for management to know that the public is catching on:

these projects arent long due to "world class, one of a kind, storytelling and detail"...they are so because the longer it takes, the less gets built on the whole and they can suck $95 a person per day for 5+ years as they point to "look at all the money WE'RE SPENDING ON YOU!"

yeah...Candyland

StarWarsJez 04-07-2013 08:34 AM

I completely agree with you lockedoutlogic and think that part of the daft Avatarland announcements (where they actually announce nothing really tangible) is to give the IMPRESSION that theyre matching Universal for investments.

Like you said, the longer they string it out- the cheaper it works out for them. We all now that doing a job quickly costs more. Disney manages its PR really well buti think more and more people are cottoning on to their lack of new investment in their Florida parks.

beer-Dave - that's the strangest thing I've heard. it doesn't matter where the construction workers come from, it's the design and theming that says whether it's Disney or universal!

beer dave 04-07-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarWarsJez (Post 48032972)
beer-Dave - that's the strangest thing I've heard. it doesn't matter where the construction workers come from, it's the design and theming that says whether it's Disney or universal!

Well in my limited construction experience, the PM who rushes the Super to rush the subs who rush the general laborers turn out a lesser quality project.

Art takes time.

and

I once knew a man with wooden legs and real feet.

I didn't want to disappoint you and not post the strangest thing you have ever heard. Clearly (?) this is stranger than my other post.

I would like to think I have now raised the bar for strange things you have heard. In my next post I will have a hard time beating this one.