The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What cleaning job did you just finish? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3090684)

wishesuponastar 04-03-2013 05:03 PM

What cleaning job did you just finish?

I just cleaned our living room white wooden blinds. Man do they get dusty! Well, it's been over 6 months since they were last done because I broke my ankle :rolleyes1

superme80 04-03-2013 05:05 PM

My husband cleaned the kitchen for me. Does that count????:rotfl:

kimblebee 04-03-2013 05:05 PM

Hmmmm

Is it bad that I actually have to think about this? I dustbusted last night to clean up a spill in the kitchen. I also tidied up this morning because my boyfriend was coming over and he hasn't seen 'messy' me yet :rotfl2:

My 12 y.o. daughter is in charge of the sweeping, bathroom cleaning, mopping for her allowance. My mom didn't raise a fool :rotfl:

Disneyland1084 04-03-2013 05:09 PM

I haven't cleaned in a few days, but can't wait to clean on Sunday when my nephews leave. I love having them here, but I also look forward to getting my house back. :rotfl2:

Robinrs 04-03-2013 05:10 PM

I polished off a sandwich at my desk...:surfweb:

wishesuponastar 04-03-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superme80 (Post 47998200)
My husband cleaned the kitchen for me. Does that count????:rotfl:

That counts and yay for you getting DH to clean up!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimblebee (Post 47998209)
Hmmmm

Is it bad that I actually have to think about this? I dustbusted last night to clean up a spill in the kitchen. I also tidied up this morning because my boyfriend was coming over and he hasn't seen 'messy' me yet :rotfl2:

My 12 y.o. daughter is in charge of the sweeping, bathroom cleaning, mopping for her allowance. My mom didn't raise a fool :rotfl:

So the secret to getting kids to clean is paying them? I might have to do that to get my kids to keep their bathroom clean ;)

superme80 04-03-2013 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=wishesuponastar;47998258]That counts and yay for you getting DH to clean up!!

QUOTE]
The amazing thing is I didn't have to do anything! He started on one thing and before I knew it my kitchen was clean. I was impressed!:love:

Soldier's*Sweeties 04-03-2013 05:28 PM

I feel like I never actually FINISH anything.

I cleaned the kitchen this morning(as I do every morning) and there are dishes from dinner again.

I guess the last thing I actually ACCOMPLISHED was a water change on my fish tank.:rotfl:

lynxstch 04-03-2013 05:31 PM

Actually, I just finished washing all the windows on the outside of the house. And I cleaned off the front porch. Spring weather is supposed to arrive this weekend, and I want to enjoy it instead of having to clean !

willowsnn3 04-03-2013 05:38 PM

I'm at work and just finished wiping off all the tables in one classroom & stacking the chairs on top and sweeping the whole room. Now I'm waiting til 20 more minutes so I can lock the doors and start mopping that room. Tomorrow I'll do the other classroom if my back holds out...:rotfl:

*JoGo* 04-03-2013 05:39 PM

I just changed the kitty litter. But I'm sure the kitten has already used it. He has to mark the box immediately. :rolleyes2

laurafergie 04-03-2013 05:43 PM

I just finished going through all the clothes in her closet with DD13. Anything too small, doesn't like, doesn't wear....Gone! Everything is hung properly and organized and I now know what we need to buy. DD9 is tomorrow and she is worse because she has to try everything on. At least DD13 has stopped growing.

We do this in the spring and fall and they hate it. :)

CopperWife 04-03-2013 06:02 PM

I just cleaned out the garage and was able to pull my new car in for the first time! :cheer2:

But then I backed it right out so I could put all the bikes/toys/storage bins back in :rotfl: At least I know I can do it if I really wanted to!

The Mystery Machine 04-03-2013 06:05 PM

Ran the dishwasher, dh vacuumed.

indygirl99 04-03-2013 06:08 PM

Under the bed this morning. DH lost his ring and when I looked under the bed well this is what I did :faint:

Didn't find the ring but did find 20 pounds of cat hair :scared1: and 15 cat mice.

Now I'm sneezing and cat is in kitty heaven.