The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Favorite spots at the Boardwalk (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3090292)

eeyoresmom 04-03-2013 05:02 AM

Favorite spots at the Boardwalk
 
DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA

OKW Lover 04-03-2013 07:54 AM

We've never found much to occupy us at BW during the day other than the pool. Not really much happening on the BW. Perhaps renting one of those surrey bikes?

eeyoresmom 04-03-2013 10:15 AM

I was thinking more of spots to read, have a cup of coffee, etc. We have a garden/pool view and I requested Village Green. If we get a room in that section I will probably spend some time on the balcony, otherwise I like to leave the room while DH gets ready or while he's working out, etc.

AJKMOM 04-03-2013 10:19 AM

I like to walk around the lake and check out the other resorts.

x5x5x5x5x5 04-03-2013 10:26 AM

We like to go to the Belle Vue room in the BW Inn and play the board games they have there. We also usually do a resort tour - walk through BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin just to see what's going on. We've done the surrey bikes but didn't find it all that fun. Sitting on the open air porch off of the BW lobby is nice and relaxing. Then in the evening - the games and entertainment on the Boardwalk are fun. Sitting on the beach at the BC/YC is relaxing as well. Occasionally we grab a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and sit in one of the swings. Also, sometimes there are movies on the beach.

kkbutterfly 04-03-2013 10:50 AM

I always wanted to read a book under the stairs that lead from the Boardwalk to the Lobby (or upstairs outside of the lobby). We're runners so we like doing the loop around the Boardwalk (and YB). Also, you could spend a night at Jellyrolls listening to the dueling pianos.

PSUGuy 04-03-2013 01:56 PM

Probably not applicable, but every morning there I roll over to the bench next to the Atlantic Dance and have my coffee and a cigar. I do this early so there's no one else around and I get to see the Friendship boats come out for the start of their day. Ditto the Belle Vue, the deck outside offers great People Watching but drinks aren't served until 5 pm.

Bill From PA

eeyoresmom 04-03-2013 06:55 PM

Thanks everyone. The lounge sounds good. Can you access it and the deck before the bar opens?

disnut8 04-04-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyoresmom (Post 47991425)
DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA

Oh, for sure for us. Getting a slice of pizza and/or a cold beer and sangria from the take out window, grabbing a table near the water, listening to the Friendship boats blowing their horns and people watching. That's my Disney moment.

MARY-IN-OH 04-04-2013 10:04 AM

It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!! :cool1:

eeyoresmom 04-04-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH (Post 48004665)
It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!! :cool1:

I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side :goodvibes

stormer 04-04-2013 04:45 PM

What exactly is the Belle Vue lounge and where is it?

MARY-IN-OH 04-04-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyoresmom (Post 48004804)
I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side :goodvibes

Just go through the lobby and keep on walkin', you'll find it! It's a fun adventure LOL

eeyoresmom 04-04-2013 06:50 PM

If I remember correctly, the lounge is off the lobby on the inn side. It is really elegant and relaxing. Allearsnet has some great video of it.

eeyoresmom 04-04-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH (Post 48010396)
Just go through the lobby and keep on walkin', you'll find it! It's a fun adventure LOL

Thank you. It looks beautiful in pictures.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.