The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New trend? Nutritional Data on the WDW web site (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089890)

cigar95 04-02-2013 12:52 PM

New trend? Nutritional Data on the WDW web site
 
For the lunch menu at BoG, they're actually printing the nutritional data for each menu item on the web site. (And WOW, are there a couple of things to steer clear of!)

So far this is the only place where I have seen this data, but perhaps it'll be added to other locations as well. They even have the option to see how the numbers change if you remove certain parts of the dish.

It may be that they can do this here because the kitchen at BoG is so big, and they crank out the menu items in a very standardized way. One explanation I had heard in the past was that the food items weren't standardized enough to provide reliable numbers.

disney1990 04-02-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigar95 (Post 47983436)
For the lunch menu at BoG, they're actually printing the nutritional data for each menu item on the web site. (And WOW, are there a couple of things to steer clear of!)

So far this is the only place where I have seen this data, but perhaps it'll be added to other locations as well. They even have the option to see how the numbers change if you remove certain parts of the dish.

It may be that they can do this here because the kitchen at BoG is so big, and they crank out the menu items in a very standardized way. One explanation I had heard in the past was that the food items weren't standardized enough to provide reliable numbers.

I have looked and looked and can't find nutritional information. What website did you locate this on? Link? I would love to have this information for all Disney restaurants.

cigar95 04-02-2013 01:52 PM

On the "new" official Disney dining page, go to the page for Be Our Guest, and pull up the lunch menu. Each menu item has a link labeled (I think) "More Detail". That link brings up the nutritional data.

So far I have not run across nutritional data for any of the other restaurants - just BoG, and just lunch.

TDC Nala 04-02-2013 01:53 PM

It's only Be Our Guest right now - and only lunch. No idea if they're planning on expanding to other restaurants.

RnbwSktles 04-02-2013 03:46 PM

I don't think I want to know! :scared1:

Miss Potts 04-02-2013 03:57 PM

Good info to have if you want it... But I'm not so sure I do!!! It's harder to pretend "something isn't so bad" when the numbers are staring at you!!

rapunzels 04-02-2013 08:09 PM

OMG :eek:
Don't order the Croque Monsieur! It's got 2225 mg of sodium! Add in the Pommes Frites and it goes to 2910 mg of sodium!!!

cigar95 04-02-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapunzels (Post 47988466)
OMG :eek:
Don't order the Croque Monsieur! It's got 2225 mg of sodium! Add in the Pommes Frites and it goes to 2910 mg of sodium!!!

Sodium, schmodium. Take a look at the saturated fat numbers!

May as well head straight to the Haunted Mansion after eating that one! (Naturally, it was the one that appealed most to me when first reading the menu.)

rapunzels 04-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigar95 (Post 47988559)
Sodium, schmodium. Take a look at the saturated fat numbers!

Yes the saturated fat is bad. But the sodium for someone with high blood pressure (not me) will knock them flat before they hit the BOG exit.

Don't want to know what I've been eating all these years at Disney. It's probably criminal!

GiJohnsGirl 04-02-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapunzels (Post 47988466)
OMG :eek:
Don't order the Croque Monsieur! It's got 2225 mg of sodium! Add in the Pommes Frites and it goes to 2910 mg of sodium!!!

That is classic French food for you lol.

bethbuchall 04-02-2013 09:11 PM

In some ways, that would be great information to have. In other ways, I'm not sure I want to know. I think I'll plan on splitting quite a few meals!

hungrygreenhippo 04-03-2013 01:22 AM

I'm glad you posted this or I never would have noticed. Personally I really like having the nutritional data as I think it does help me make better choices. I hope Disney rolls it out to more dining locations.

disney1990 04-03-2013 01:21 PM

Wow, I wish all Disney restaurants has this information.

jwfla422 04-03-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney1990 (Post 47995215)
Wow, I wish all Disney restaurants has this information.

I think some of us "might" want to know (actually I am a "nutritional label addict" if there is such a thing), but at WDW I just know "small amounts" is the best way to go.;) I'd spend WAY too much time going through every menu's nutritional values LOL!!:lmao:

jwfla422 04-03-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigar95 (Post 47983436)
For the lunch menu at BoG, they're actually printing the nutritional data for each menu item on the web site. (And WOW, are there a couple of things to steer clear of!)

So far this is the only place where I have seen this data, but perhaps it'll be added to other locations as well. They even have the option to see how the numbers change if you remove certain parts of the dish.

It may be that they can do this here because the kitchen at BoG is so big, and they crank out the menu items in a very standardized way. One explanation I had heard in the past was that the food items weren't standardized enough to provide reliable numbers.

Where on the "official" site are you even finding a lunch menu? I can only find a dinner menu? (not sure what you mean by the "new" site??:confused3)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.