The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Walt Disney Studios Summer PI (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089646)

HulaTimon 04-01-2013 10:07 PM

Walt Disney Studios Summer PI

I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now, but decided to make an account to ask some questions, get some advice, and hopefully watch as some of our dreams come true!

I'm hoping others here are in the same boat as I am. At the beginning of December I applied for the Undergrad Walt Disney Studios Internship PI. A few days later I went to "In Progress" and that is where I am almost 4 months later.... The application has gone up and been pulled down a couple of times now, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything back yet? I realize no news is good news, so I'm not worried yet. I've read so many boards trying to find some sort of timeline and they all vary, but 4 months seems a bit much to me.

Thanks everyone!

ibaw 04-01-2013 10:17 PM

What role did you post for? Which department / team?

HulaTimon 04-01-2013 10:34 PM

Here is the posting from the site... There was nowhere to specify exactly what department you wanted, but it seems pretty open ended to me, especially since they mention additional areas.
---------------------------------------------------------
Undergraduate Intern - 2013 Summer Internship - Walt Disney Studios
Job Description Itís the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. Itís hard to define and even harder to create, but thatís what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.

The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD and Blu-ray releases, live stage plays, music and soundtrack recordings.

We offer an exciting Summer Internship Program, providing Undergraduate students hands-on experience in the entertainment industry. This highly competitive program brings together students with diverse backgrounds from around the country, and creates an educational experience at the Studio. Interns benefit from exposure to senior-level management, networking sessions, learning and development opportunities, employee perks and more!

ELIGIBILITY
This program is open to all undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution and are completing their sophomore or junior year at the time of application. Students must be returning to school in the fall to be eligible.

LENGTH
Assignments will last 12 weeks during the summer months.

Positions are located in Burbank and Glendale, California. Students must provide their own housing and transportation.

COMPENSATION
Internship positions are full-time, paid employment opportunities. Interns also receive a 20% merchandise discount in select locations.

QUALIFICATIONS
Hiring decisions are based on past work/internship experience, your major field of study, and extracurricular activities. We are looking for passionate students who will maximize this opportunity.

OPPORTUNITIES
Summer openings are currently available in the following departments:
Marketing, Promotions, Publicity, Music, Production, Special Events, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Technology, and additional areas.

Note: Applicants should indicate top two (2) areas of interest for placement; however final decisions will be made by The Walt Disney Studios.

HOW TO APPLY
We are currently accepting resumes for Summer 2013. Hiring decisions will be made on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled.

Apply today to be considered!
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

cindy17 04-02-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulaTimon (Post 47978831)
I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now, but decided to make an account to ask some questions, get some advice, and hopefully watch as some of our dreams come true!

I'm hoping others here are in the same boat as I am. At the beginning of December I applied for the Undergrad Walt Disney Studios Internship PI. A few days later I went to "In Progress" and that is where I am almost 4 months later.... The application has gone up and been pulled down a couple of times now, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything back yet? I realize no news is good news, so I'm not worried yet. I've read so many boards trying to find some sort of timeline and they all vary, but 4 months seems a bit much to me.

Thanks everyone!

I know it's frustrating! My son applied for a summer engineering PI (Florida) in January/Feb timeframe and is still in progress. No interview, no movement at all on dashboard. Also applied for a Fall engineering PI a few weeks later. Same thing. Nothing. He has heard on a FB forum that engineering always notifies "last". He would just like a shot with an interview! Good luck to you! Keep us posted on your progress! :)

lego606 04-02-2013 09:49 AM

I applied for that same internship but I'm still at the submission phase

HulaTimon 04-02-2013 06:56 PM

cindy17 - Thanks so much! I will definitely post here as soon as I find out anything, hope everything goes well for your son!

lego606 - When did you apply? Thanks for the info, and let's keep each other informed of what's going on! :)

Mer 04-02-2013 07:10 PM

My daughter is still in In Submission stage for this as well. Did you write a cover letter when you applied?

HulaTimon 04-02-2013 10:23 PM

Mer - I did. I always think a cover letter never hurts!

ibaw 04-02-2013 11:44 PM

What 2 areas are you all interested in? I work in Burbank and have interacted with a number of these summer interns in the past.

HulaTimon 04-03-2013 11:23 AM

I am specifically interested in production and special events, but that's up in the air since there are additional areas mentioned. I am an art major and would love to work on more of the creative end of it.

dfg1234 04-03-2013 07:05 PM

Ibaw ... do you know by any chance when will they start notifying applicants for the undergraduate summer internship at the walt disney studios? I applied for marketing and finance areas

Mer 04-03-2013 09:45 PM

She didn't write a cover letter, but I am thinking she should have. It did say to indicate two areas of interest. Did you write that in the cover letter? The original description didn't seem to have a whole list of departments to chose from. It just said additional areas. I know she wants to be in the graphic design or some kind of art area but not sure if this type of department is part of the Studios.

HulaTimon 04-04-2013 10:47 AM

I didn't indicate it in my cover letter, but I was hoping my experience on my resume would take care of that. I'm glad your daughter and I are on the same boat though. I really want to see the additional areas because I am an animation major!

Mer 04-04-2013 07:06 PM

HulaTimon - I hope there are art related positions also. I am not sure where they wanted you to indicate your two preferences. It's great that you are in the "In Progress" stage though. It seems most people are still in the Submission stage. Did you also apply for any PI's?

HulaTimon 04-05-2013 02:03 PM

Yeah me too, but I'd be ok with getting my foot in the door anywhere at the Studios honestly! I didn't apply for any other PI's here, but with other companies. Mine went to "In Progress" a few days after! It looks like the applications have been taken down again, I hope everyone starts hearing things soon!