The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stateroom After Check In (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088669)

Stinkerbell1973 03-31-2013 08:18 AM

Stateroom After Check In

Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

jasec2 03-31-2013 08:19 AM

Usually about 1:30

Candleinthewind 03-31-2013 08:22 AM

This is why we love Holland America. You can get in your stateroom the moment you board the ship.

Weedy 03-31-2013 09:13 AM

It's recommended to pack a small carry on bag with anything you may need for the first few hours you are on the ship. Bathing suites (or wear them under your clothes), sunscreen and any medication you may need.You usually can get into your cabin around 1:30.

SoCaOC-Mom 03-31-2013 09:25 AM

If you are fortunate enough to be saying in concierge , from what I have read, you can keep your stuff in their private lounge.

disneyfaninaz 03-31-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 (Post 47961815)
Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

It depends on what time your board. On our first 2 cruises we took DCL transportation from WDW and got to the port about 1:30. Immediately after checking in and getting onboard we were able to get into our stateroom to stow our carry-ons before heading to lunch. Luggage usually starts arriving after the safety drill.

MikeAndNick 03-31-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 (Post 47961815)
I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so

Do not count on having the luggage by 5:00 pm. Most of the time we get them when we are at the early dinner or right before we go. We have had our luggage as early as 1:30 pm and but once one of our bags did not come until after 8:00 pm one night. It was sent to the wrong part of the ship and was not found until all the luggage was delivered.

mickyminnie890 03-31-2013 11:29 AM

Before you even go on the cruise pack a carry on bag. It's good to bring suncreen, bathing suits, etc. All rooms are open at 1:30 P.M. so it's a good idea to eat lunch first. When it's around 1:30 P.M. you can head to your stateroom. Your luggage will not be there yet since it takes quite awhile. You can leave your carry on bags in the stateroom and go have fun on the deck or anywhere else on the ship. Your luggages will be there just in time for dinner and before the shows. To be sure it's good to bring extra clothing in your carry on bag. I got my luggages after watching the Sail Away Party. So that was around 4-5 P.M. Hope you have fun on your cruise. I just got back from mine today. :)

VHFamily 03-31-2013 10:11 PM

I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?

carmie3377 03-31-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VHFamily
I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?

No. You will drop them off with the porters when you arrive at the port. They will start showing up at your door shortly after being allowed in your cabin and they will filter in over the next few hours. Our last didn't show up until about 5,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

disneyfaninaz 03-31-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VHFamily (Post 47968011)

Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.

lanejudy 03-31-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz (Post 47968247)
Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.

and just to add to this...any bags you want to keep with you need to be within the carry-on size limit to fit through the scanners - similar to airline carry-on but not exact, sorry I don't have the dimensions immediately at hand.

VHFamily 03-31-2013 10:57 PM

Ok thanks!