The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Graycliff Chocolatier The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088063)

yearbooksharon 03-29-2013 05:03 PM

Graycliff Chocolatier The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour

Has anyone done this tour in Nassau? I've tried searching the boards and didn't find anything. It sounds great, but I was hoping for a little more information.

MarthaTracks 04-14-2013 02:33 PM

We are planning on booking this excursion as well. I found out that it is relatively new, like October 2012 new. Any reviews of those you have already gone would be wonderful.

jcm1957 04-14-2013 02:52 PM

Yes well worth

We have been there twice, Erika was on top chefs deserts. Check out there page on Facebook. Well worth a visit. Highlight of our trip to Nassua.

yearbooksharon 04-20-2013 07:13 AM

I haven't heard any other reviews. There was one on trip adviser that was positive, but it wasn't associated with the cruise.

engle 04-20-2013 07:46 AM

I am going at the end of may and will report back!

lilagirl8 04-20-2013 08:09 AM

I am so glad this topic came up! We have been going back and forth on this excursion. We were married in Nassau 13 years ago and had our wedding dinner at the Graycliff. This is a perfect reason to revisit!! Plus, Erica from Top Chef! My 10 year old daughter and my favorite show - that sold her, too! Just booked - going on Dream May 12th. Will let you know how it is!

westmomof2 06-30-2013 09:32 PM

Graycliff Escape excursion

Hi! So I was wondering if there were any updates now that a few (or at least one) of you have gone on this excursion? I wanted to book this excursion for our 8/1/13 sailing....

Thanks!!

Dizzyworld 06-30-2013 10:06 PM

Is this seasonal? I was on the Dream in April 2013 and this wasn't available.

Otimon 07-01-2013 04:24 AM

We've booked this excursion for our Oct. Dream cruise.

Reviews or no, chocolate lovers that we are, we figured you can't go wrong sampling different chocolates and making some of your very own to bring with you.

Full steam ahead!!!!!

engle 07-01-2013 03:47 PM

LOVED it!!

There were 4 of us, all adults, that did this in late May. There were children on the tour and they seemed to really enjoy it as well.

After a short van ride from the port, we were at Graycliffe. Our tour started immediately with the lesson on how cocoa is grown as well as the origination of the chocolate factory itself. We then "suited up" for the tour!! We were shown how the cocoa bean is processed and how it becomes chocolate as well as shown the inner workings of the very small factory.

After that, we were given a class in chocolate making...super fun!! We were able to make chocolate/candy/nut covered strawberry, truffle, marshmallow as well as made our own chocolate bar. We were able to take the box of them home!!

All in all, it is a GREAT tour and would recommend it... I also think kids ages 8 and older would love it.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer!!

Calfan 07-01-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engle (Post 48832777)
There were 4 of us, all adults, that did this in late May. There were children on the tour and they seemed to really enjoy it as well.

After a short van ride from the port, we were at Graycliffe. Our tour started immediately with the lesson on how cocoa is grown as well as the origination of the chocolate factory itself. We then "suited up" for the tour!! We were shown how the cocoa bean is processed and how it becomes chocolate as well as shown the inner workings of the very small factory.

After that, we were given a class in chocolate making...super fun!! We were able to make chocolate/candy/nut covered strawberry, truffle, marshmallow as well as made our own chocolate bar. We were able to take the box of them home!!

All in all, it is a GREAT tour and would recommend it... I also think kids ages 8 and older would love it.

Awesome to hear. This is our #1 excursion choice for Nassau for our Thanksiving 2014 Dream cruise (if we actually go and don't push it out to the next year).

Narnia_girl 07-01-2013 04:30 PM

Any idea what the price for this tour is if you do it on your own?
It's $59/pp for the DCL excursion. After the free or cheap factory tours we've done in the states that hurts to pay.

MissDaisyofTexas 07-01-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engle (Post 48832777)

Did your tour depart in the morning? I was originally planning on staying on the ship in Nassau, but if I could get out and do this in the morning, I'm tempted!

Otimon 07-01-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas (Post 48833359)
Did your tour depart in the morning? I was originally planning on staying on the ship in Nassau, but if I could get out and do this in the morning, I'm tempted!

According to our scheduled tour in Oct., the time is set for 10:45AM. We're looking forward to it.

wehavesix 07-05-2013 11:33 PM

I just booked this tour for my husband and I on our cruise next month. It sounds like fun! The beginning time is 10:45 and return time is 1:45. Does anyone know if there is time for lunch at Graycliff? Or should we just plan to eat when we return to the ship?