The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2 weeks- POFQ or Split Wilderness/BC for $150 more (with bounceback)? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3087350)

Happy Duck 03-28-2013 10:27 AM

2 weeks- POFQ or Split Wilderness/BC for $150 more (with bounceback)?

Heading to Disney in two weeks for a sister's trip! My Mom and I already have a trip planned for August. I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the bounceback offer currently available. Just a few questions:

1. What is the chance of me getting a bounceback offer for 1 week at BC and 1 week at Wilderness?

2. Is it worth the trouble to do a split stay or should we stay put at POFQ?

3. Currently we are budgeted at $2700 for two weeks at POFQ. BC Standard/WL Standard will run us $2844. Is it worth it to update either reservation to an updated view? For example, upgrading WL to woods view would bring total to $2980. Still not a huge increase from the original, considering we are going from moderate to 2 weeks at Deluxe.

mickeynut1 03-28-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Duck (Post 47935784)
Heading to Disney in two weeks for a sister's trip! My Mom and I already have a trip planned for August. I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the bounceback offer currently available. Just a few questions:

1. What is the chance of me getting a bounceback offer for 1 week at BC and 1 week at Wilderness?

2. Is it worth the trouble to do a split stay or should we stay put at POFQ?

3. Currently we are budgeted at $2700 for two weeks at POFQ. BC Standard/WL Standard will run us $2844. Is it worth it to update either reservation to an updated view? For example, upgrading WL to woods view would bring total to $2980. Still not a huge increase from the original, considering we are going from moderate to 2 weeks at Deluxe.

1. If both weeks are offered under the BB deal, you can book 1 week at each resort. Since Disney doesn't see split stays as such, but rather 2 separate reservations, you will need to book each resort as different reservations with 2 deposits. But it is doable, provided all 2 weeks are included in the offer.

2. I think a split stay is a great idea for a 2 week stay as it gives you plenty of time to enjoy both resorts. I would definitely split between 2 deluxes (and BC/WL is a great split) for just $150 more.

3. We haven't stayed standard view at WL, but I don't think woods view is that much more, so I would pay the extra cost and book woods view (especially with a discount).

Good luck :).

Wood Nymph 03-28-2013 11:03 AM

Those are my two favorite resorts, so of course I say yes. :thumbsup2

The standard view at WL can be pretty bad, so I would pay the extra to book woods view.

Happy Duck 03-28-2013 12:26 PM

Thanks for the great info!!!

Sounds like a Woods View at WL is the way to go. What about BC? Are we okay sticking with standard?