The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Online check in and credit card being charged (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3087256)

Cshel85 03-28-2013 07:33 AM

Online check in and credit card being charged
 
If you do online check-in when does the charge hit your credit card?

Tpiejg 03-28-2013 07:40 AM

not sure what you mean. online checkin doesn't cost anything. to pay for your trip you can call or pay online. you can pay for the whole stay at one time or pay in increments, but you have to have your trip paid in full within two weeks of your arrival date.

winthropf 03-28-2013 07:58 AM

Room only reservations do not have to be paid in advance. If online check-in is used for a room only reservation, the credit card will be charged on the morning of check-in.

Cshel85 03-28-2013 07:59 AM

Thank you that is exactly what I was wondering.

aaarcher86 03-28-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpiejg (Post 47934115)
not sure what you mean. online checkin doesn't cost anything. to pay for your trip you can call or pay online. you can pay for the whole stay at one time or pay in increments, but you have to have your trip paid in full within two weeks of your arrival date.

Packages need to be paid at 45 days out. Room only reservations can be paid at check in.

lsenquiz 03-28-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winthropf (Post 47934258)
Room only reservations do not have to be paid in advance. If online check-in is used for a room only reservation, the credit card will be charged on the morning of check-in.

This is correct but I do want to emphasis that the CC is charged the morning of check-in and not when you actually arrive at the resort. My Aunt and Uncle did online check in for their last trip and their card was charged the morning of check in even though they did not arrive until about 4pm. They were planning to pay for the room with a Gift Card so this messed them up a little. It was not a huge deal because Disney credited back their CC and used the Gift card it just took about 30 minutes to get straightened out.

nkereina 03-28-2013 12:42 PM

Are you required to put a CC down during online check-in or can you skip over this field? We never leave a credit card at regular check-in, so I'd like to skip that if it will allow.

bumbershoot 03-28-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 47937362)
Are you required to put a CC down during online check-in or can you skip over this field? We never leave a credit card at regular check-in, so I'd like to skip that if it will allow.

From what I experienced and have since read, it seems to flip flop a bit. Some who did online checkin later than I did have experienced being able to check a box to skip it; others have not had that experience.

Regardless, you CAN change it or even delete it when you get there.

mum2four 03-28-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 47937362)
Are you required to put a CC down during online check-in or can you skip over this field? We never leave a credit card at regular check-in, so I'd like to skip that if it will allow.

I completed online check in four days ago and I did not have to enter my credit card info. The option was there, but I was able to skip it without any problems.

rocketmom 03-28-2013 04:46 PM

I just did online check in and had a weird experience with my credit card. I entered the credit card information and before I was even finished with online check in, my credit card company was calling me. A charge of $1 had been placed on my credit card as soon as I entered the information. The credit card company was calling about possible fraud. I have a room only reservation, so nothing was due at this time. Maybe their new computer system does this to check the account. I have done online check in many times and have never had this issue before.:confused3

Jimsig 03-28-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketmom (Post 47940040)
I just did online check in and had a weird experience with my credit card. I entered the credit card information and before I was even finished with online check in, my credit card company was calling me. A charge of $1 had been placed on my credit card as soon as I entered the information. The credit card company was calling about possible fraud. I have a room only reservation, so nothing was due at this time. Maybe their new computer system does this to check the account. I have done online check in many times and have never had this issue before.:confused3

Stuff like that that happens all the time to your credit card. If you pay at the pump gas stations put through a preapproval, back when gas prices went up some gas stations upped the amount and would put an approval through for $75. They want to make sure you have the available funds on your card before pump the gas. Sometime after you are done it readjusts to the proper amount. Restaurants do this as well to a degree, they get a pre-authorization then readjust when you add the tip in. Most hotel chains will put though a $1 hold charge when you hold a room to make sure the card is legit. After a couple days that charge goes away. Most times you never see the charge.

goofy4tink 03-29-2013 08:12 AM

I usually see a $1 hit whenever I do online checkin with a credit card. They need to make sure it's a valid account.
I just did online checkin for my late May stay at ASMusic. They have my cc on file, and I just approved it for this stay.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.