The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Opinion on FE Gift delivery (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3086422)

lilpooh108 03-26-2013 01:34 PM

Opinion on FE Gift delivery

(I also posted on my cruise meet but would love opinions here too)

Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there.

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!

peachygreen 03-26-2013 01:40 PM

I personally would just leave them in the FE and take the risk. I really don't think most people mess with them.

As far as I know we've never had a problem. I wouldn't want people knocking on my door. I probably wouldn't be in the room anyway. I also wouldn't want to make more work for the state room host/hostess or even try to track them down when I was trying to deliver the gifts.

ColoradoDisneyFreaks 03-26-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 47916771)
(I also posted on my cruise meet but would love opinions here too)

Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there.

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!

If you're concerned about the gifts being stolen, then by all means, deliver them on a sea day and give them to room stewards to put in the room. On our FE we had one gift delivered that way, and the room steward just put it on the bed with the Navigators. I wouldn't go the knock/note route, just because there may be people who aren't in their room, and then you will need to go back again.

lilpooh108 03-26-2013 01:45 PM

What time are the stewards around in the afternoon? I can't seem to remember...

peachygreen 03-26-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 47916886)
What time are the stewards around in the afternoon? I can't seem to remember...

They are in and out all the time. I normally would see them setting up in the hallway right before main dinner time on our cruise.

But it could be hit or miss to find the ones you need on the hallway that you need them. Honestly it takes me enough time to get around the ship and deliver the gifts. I wouldn't want to give up that much of my cruise time trying to find the hosts when I got there. The days are short enough.

Plus you might see one in the hall and think they are for youthe room you are delivering. , but they are for a different set of rooms. It just seems way too complicated.

darkwing818 03-26-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachygreen (Post 47916836)
I personally would just leave them in the FE and take the risk. I really don't think most people mess with them.

As far as I know we've never had a problem. I wouldn't want people knocking on my door. I probably wouldn't be in the room anyway. I also wouldn't want to make more work for the state room host/hostess or even try to track them down when I was trying to deliver the gifts.

I agree 100%; honestly the State Room Host/Hostess have a lot to do, and don't need the responsibility of delivering FE gifts. :sad2:

lilpooh108 03-26-2013 02:30 PM

Someone on my thread said to just slip a note under the door so that even if they're not "home," they know something should be in the FE.

It'd be too hard to find everyone's steward anyway, so we're not going that route.

cruisinwithmaandpa 03-26-2013 03:34 PM

I placed ours in inexpensive tote bags, and wrapped the tote handle around the stateroom door handle. If they wanted to take it, it would take a few minutes for them to remove it. Not a grab and go.

Here is another idea. Slip a note in the FE and ask them to pick up your gift at your stateroom at such and such day between the hours of --- and ----- explain the reasoning why.

zzelenia 03-26-2013 04:05 PM

We did FE before dinner and my kids did a little nook at the door, so people know that is something at their doors

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DISBoards

tictoc 03-26-2013 05:00 PM

Mine were too big for the FE so i emailed my group that I would place them against the door with the date and approximate time. None were taken.

quentina 03-26-2013 06:29 PM

I had my item in a small gift bag. I tied the bag to the fish with a pipe cleaner. I did this to keep it safe....

I should add, I put it behind the FE

gigi1313 03-26-2013 07:10 PM

I would just chance it or attach it like previous posters suggested... I definitely would not knock... you run the risk of waking a sleeping baby (or worse yet, a sleeping adult!)!

lilpooh108 03-26-2013 08:38 PM

Thanks everyone! All great ideas! I think I will put it in a small bag and zip tie it to the fish behind the FE and slip a note under the door to look there :). Thanks for the ideas!!

MyYearWithTheMouse 03-27-2013 01:37 AM

Sounds like some great suggestions here. For the record though, I would be LIVID if someone knocked on my door for an FE gift. Both of my kids are very light sleepers and trying to get them to nap (because they still need it) is hard enough. It's an FE gift, not UPS.

F2superstar 03-27-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quentina (Post 47919917)
I had my item in a small gift bag. I tied the bag to the fish with a pipe cleaner. I did this to keep it safe....

I should add, I put it behind the FE

Brilliant idea. Thank you.