The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   magic kinhdom at phase three again today (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3086309)

casanova5 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Wow amazeing

mm1971 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

From the reports I saw and a posting on face book from some CM's it is expected to hit closures all week. I guess they determined it will be really packed based on room occupancy. While I love being at Disney, I'm glad we are not there now.

Thanks for the report.

scooffer 03-26-2013 10:58 AM

WOW! I am so nervous about next year's Spring Break Family Reunion! I have tried to discourage my mom for booking it this week before Easter, but I cannot. Not only is it the week before Easter and the regular Spring Breakers... but schools that only do April vacations, regardless of the Easter holiday will be out too (which is us). So, 2014 will be miserably packed!

So, can someone tell me about the Phase closings, we will be off-site, so we would be out at Phase 1. When do they make these decisions? Before or after Rope Drop? As the parking lot fills?

sassie_kat 03-26-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooffer (Post 47915027)
WOW! I am so nervous about next year's Spring Break Family Reunion! I have tried to discourage my mom for booking it this week before Easter, but I cannot. Not only is it the week before Easter and the regular Spring Breakers... but schools that only do April vacations, regardless of the Easter holiday will be out too (which is us). So, 2014 will be miserably packed!

So, can someone tell me about the Phase closings, we will be off-site, so we would be out at Phase 1. When do they make these decisions? Before or after Rope Drop? As the parking lot fills?

I don't think you'll be out at Phase 1 as long as everybody in your car has a valid, multi-day ticket. I'd plan on getting there as early as you can though so it doesn't go to Phase 2 before you get there.

chartle 03-26-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooffer (Post 47915027)

Its based on how many people go through the turnstiles.

Just get there early and don't leave and you will OK. Well OK as in the park, not OK as in shoulder to shoulder people and 30 minute lines for the bathrooms. ;)

ManyMinnie 03-26-2013 11:12 AM

Does anyone have any pics or links to someone with pics? :)

Sandy Fisher 03-26-2013 11:15 AM

As much as I love Disney and our experiences in the various parks, we NEVER and I do mean NEVER went to any of the parks during the highest level crowds of spring break.
Just didn't enjoy that packed in feeling. I know some people will say just go with the flow. It didn't flow!!
:lmao:

cvjw 03-26-2013 11:26 AM

We happened into the MK when it had closed for capacity during the 1st week of January. All I can say is that we could not get out of that park fast enough. We were trying to get to Splash Mountain, but were trapped by the parade. I can't accurately describe how crowded it was, and how many people were there - it was insane. When the parade passed, we looked down the path by Frontierland, and there literally was a person in every square inch of the path. It was scary - I felt like I couldn't keep up with my boys, there were just simply too many people. We decided that we would never vacation during a really busy time again - it just wasn't worth it.

gooftroop22 03-26-2013 11:29 AM

Wow! Must be crazy there!

Sydnerella 03-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casanova5 (Post 47914878)
Wow amazeing

By 10:45 AM? That is crazy!

camping 03-26-2013 11:37 AM

Does anyone have a guess on what the crowds are going to look like next week? We arrive on Monday.

MikeandReneePlus5 03-26-2013 11:40 AM

check the calendars on the right side here:

www.easywdw.com

If this week is a 10, next week is an 9.

cheer25mom 03-26-2013 11:43 AM

We were there Thursday and Friday, and I thought cowds, especially in the MK, were worse than Thanksgiving week last year. I can only imagine what this week must be like!

LaurenT 03-26-2013 11:43 AM

I've done plenty of 9's without too much trouble...But I don't think I've ever gone on a 10 day!
I feel sorry for people who are taking their one and only trip, saved for years and had no idea that you had to do more planning than your typical vacation or that this week would be more than "just a little crowded because it's Easter week"! They are the ones who are going to waltz in at 11:00 and get really upset when they've been standing in line for over an hour and then watch a Disers walk past them with a FP...
Then I feel bad for the Disers they know back at home who are going to have to hear them complain about how awful Disney is!

clareita 03-26-2013 11:44 AM

And this is why we are going this April school vacation and not next year. The parks won't empty by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to this week they will be.