The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Small world vacations (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3086300)

sorceressk 03-26-2013 10:26 AM

Small world vacations

Anyone use them as your ta? Do they do any special incentives to go with them?

garcia2000 03-26-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceressk (Post 47914713)
Anyone use them as your ta? Do they do any special incentives to go with them?

Never used them but got a quote for our cruise it was the same that the dcl website quoted but said I "should" receive a 200 obc.

jmw33 03-26-2013 10:49 AM

We have used them our last 4 trips to Disney World and are using them for our upcoming cruise. Andrea Rollins is our agent and she is awsome. We received a 200 OBC for booking with them.

sorceressk 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmw33 (Post 47914939)
We have used them our last 4 trips to Disney World and are using them for our upcoming cruise. Andrea Rollins is our agent and she is awsome. We received a 200 OBC for booking with them.

Do they give u any gifts? Or anything in addition to the obc?

scrappinginontario 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

I used them to book our Fantasy cruise for next February. Will receive a $100 on board ship credit.

Very happy with them!

sorceressk 03-26-2013 10:54 AM

Can anyone compare small world vacations and dream unlimited?

rachdawn26 03-26-2013 10:58 AM

If you sign up for the Mousesavers.com newsletter, Small World Vacations will often have special deals just for readers for additional perks like an in room gift for certain cruises.

jmw33 03-26-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceressk (Post 47914957)
Do they give u any gifts? Or anything in addition to the obc?

It depends on if they are running a promotion or not. Sometimes we haven't gotten anything. Our last trip they sent us autograph books for each of our kids. It would be something small. The OBC is the biggest incentive as opposed to booking directly with Disney since they do not give you an OBC when booking.

aenan 03-26-2013 11:43 AM

I've used Small World for years and have been very happy with them. This is the first cruise we've booked through them, and recieved an OBC (amount is determined by the cost of the cruise). In years past they've sent reusable Disney shopping bags. Always very helpful and informative, I couldn't imagine going elsewhere!

calismic 03-26-2013 11:49 AM

While I've never used them for a cruise, they have been fantastic for my Disney vacations! They've found me discounts I didn't even know existed! Really great company to work with.

Mrs Green 03-26-2013 11:58 AM

So far so good for us with small world vacations. Found out about them from mousesavers.com. Used them to book feb 2014 cruise. I believe we are getting $150 obc.

Meghatron 03-26-2013 12:49 PM

Love Small World Vacations. DCL does not allow TAs to discount fares, so what they offer is an onboard credit to you out of their commission based on the cruise fare. We're getting $200 from them for our cruise in May. :D Our agent has handled multiple families with multiple staterooms, in addition to numerous requests and changes for the cruises where it was just us. All were done sooner than I expected (I often email or call after hours due to my work and school schedule). She even got us three VGT rooms on the WBPC in the few days they were available. I had left a voicemail in the wee hours of the morning (like 2am) once we'd decided to go with our extended family and she had all of us confirmed (with three different consents and credit cards required) before lunchtime.

Msmit002 03-26-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47916285)
She even got us three VGT rooms on the WBPC in the few days they were available. I had left a voicemail in the wee hours of the morning (like 2am) once we'd decided to go with our extended family and she had all of us confirmed (with three different consents and credit cards required) before lunchtime.

This is good to know. Our next cruise will likely be a DCL IGT/OGT/VGT and I have been thinking that I will just have to go through Disney and book online or risk losing the rate. :-/

lilroo442 03-26-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceressk (Post 47914990)
Can anyone compare small world vacations and dream unlimited?

I went with DU over SW because of the OBC. I requested a quote from both and DU offered $150 more than SW. But the agent at SW was just as nice as DU, the OBC just swayed us. DU is more email based that SW, so if you prefer lots of phone acces DU might not be for you. However, I've had zero problems contacting my TA with dreams- she answers promptly, even on the weekends.

wallawallakids 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

I am using them and think they are great. My TA is very knowledgeable and has a direct number which I love. She has been great about me changing around cruises too.