The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Newbie question regarding check in\out at CBR (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3086096)

Sunshinelover 03-25-2013 09:31 PM

Newbie question regarding check in\out at CBR
 
Hi,

We plan to spend a few days at WDW before we leave on our cruise on The Dream in May. Never stayed at any of the Disney resorts before. We were originally planning to fly in on a Thurs night with the plan to do the parks on Fri and Sat. Now it looks like we'll be flying in late Wed night (11 pm!). Not wanting to spend the extra $ to add another night at CBR when we'll be getting in so late anyway. We will have a car rental so not concerned with the magical express or luggage service.

If we just stay at a cheap hotel near MCO, are we able to drive over CBR on Thurs morning, check in and then spend the day at the pools, beach area etc even though our room won't be ready until that afternoon? Not too worried about our luggage since we'll have a car but is there somewhere to change into swimsuits? I just want to make sure we'll have access to the resorts amenities before the official check in time.

Also we plan to drive to the port late Sat night and stay there before our cruise leaves on Sun. We do still plan to do the parks on Sat but since we'll be considered resort guests just Thurs and Fri nights at CBR are we able to take advantage of free parking at the parks on Sat still and /or shuttle service that day? Or does that stop right after the 11 am checkout time.

Sorry, if this was confusing. I'm going crazy trying to plan all this out along with a FL road trip right after our cruise. Thanks in advance. Oh also my daughter has a BBB appt at DTD on Fri afternoon. Feasible to do a park that morning then leave for the appt and come back to the park? Would getting to our car be a huge process? Easier to take the shuttles?

DebbieB 03-25-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinelover (Post 47910944)
Hi,

We plan to spend a few days at WDW before we leave on our cruise on The Dream in May. Never stayed at any of the Disney resorts before. We were originally planning to fly in on a Thurs night with the plan to do the parks on Fri and Sat. Now it looks like we'll be flying in late Wed night (11 pm!). Not wanting to spend the extra $ to add another night at CBR when we'll be getting in so late anyway. We will have a car rental so not concerned with the magical express or luggage service.

If we just stay at a cheap hotel near MCO, are we able to drive over CBR on Thurs morning, check in and then spend the day at the pools, beach area etc even though our room won't be ready until that afternoon? Not too worried about our luggage since we'll have a car but is there somewhere to change into swimsuits? I just want to make sure we'll have access to the resorts amenities before the official check in time.

Also we plan to drive to the port late Sat night and stay there before our cruise leaves on Sun. We do still plan to do the parks on Sat but since we'll be considered resort guests just Thurs and Fri nights at CBR are we able to take advantage of free parking at the parks on Sat still and /or shuttle service that day? Or does that stop right after the 11 am checkout time.

Sorry, if this was confusing. I'm going crazy trying to plan all this out along with a FL road trip right after our cruise. Thanks in advance. Oh also my daughter has a BBB appt at DTD on Fri afternoon. Feasible to do a park that morning then leave for the appt and come back to the park? Would getting to our car be a huge process? Easier to take the shuttles?

Your WDW resort priviledges are good until midnight of checkout day.

samacita 03-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 47910970)

Your WDW resort priviledges are good until midnight of checkout day.

Which technically means the very start of the day. They should say 11:59 pm to avoid confusion. Some of us are very attentive to detail, and 12 am on checkout date is really not what they mean... (I hope.)

DebbieB 03-26-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samacita (Post 47912095)
Which technically means the very start of the day. They should say 11:59 pm to avoid confusion. Some of us are very attentive to detail, and 12 am on checkout date is really not what they mean... (I hope.)

I don't think they even give a time, it's just end of day. My mistake.

cruise cruise cruise 03-26-2013 11:12 AM

When you arrive at CBR on Thursday morning you will be able to check in, but may not be able to have a room assigned to you at that time. You will then be able to utilize all amenities of being an onsite guest--pools, buses, etc. If you are not given a room in the morning, the resort will phone or text you with your room number when it is available.
There are changing/shower rooms at the pool.
Bell service will hold your luggage if you do not want to leave it in your car.

lanejudy 03-26-2013 11:28 AM

You can check-in at your WDW resort as early at 6:30am (possibly 6am, not sure). Once you are checked-in, you may use the amenties at your resort and that does include changing rooms for the pool. Bell services will hold your luggage if you'd prefer.

Check-out time is 11am but you are considered a resort guest through the end of the day. So yes you can still park for free at the parks.

As for the BBB appt at DTD...I haven't done that, but yes depending on what time the appt is you can do a park, leave for DTD, and return to the same park (different park if you have hopper tickets). You might want to drive as there is no direct bus service between DTD and the parks, but you could go via a close resort (i.e., if at MK walk to Contemporary and take bus to DTD).

Enjoy your land/sea vacation!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.