The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   anyone have good news anymore? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3086077)

kkolbusz1 03-25-2013 08:44 PM

anyone have good news anymore?
 
All this bad news, seems like all i keep reading Is this & that getting rofr'd. Some1 give me some good news!

fmer55 03-25-2013 08:58 PM

Ok, here goes.

Good News......Passed ROFR on 2/26

Good News......Contracts received on 3/8 and returned on 3/12 with complete funds.

Bad News.......Seller is out of town, has a balance needed to close and will not be back until April 4th. By the time we close and points loaded it will be over 3 months, assuming we do ever close:worried:

cm8 03-25-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmer55 (Post 47910634)
Ok, here goes.

Good News......Passed ROFR on 2/26

Good News......Contracts received on 3/8 and returned on 3/12 with complete funds.

Bad News.......Seller is out of town, has a balance needed to close and will not be back until April 4th. By the time we close and points loaded it will be over 3 months, assuming we do ever close:worried:

:grouphug::flower3:

Brian Noble 03-25-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Some1 give me some good news!
My daughter has risen to the challenge of her high school water polo team. Much to my surprise, she has embraced a contact sport, and her coaches are working her hard enough that it doesn't seem to matter what she eats, she stays in great shape.

Does that work? :)

kkolbusz1 03-25-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmer55 (Post 47910634)
Ok, here goes.

Good News......Passed ROFR on 2/26

Good News......Contracts received on 3/8 and returned on 3/12 with complete funds.

Bad News.......Seller is out of town, has a balance needed to close and will not be back until April 4th. By the time we close and points loaded it will be over 3 months, assuming we do ever close:worried:

Mike! I asked for good news! You give good news then you just crap on it with bad news like that. I have NO PATIENCE, so i know how you feel. At least you know you passed. Im waiting to hear back. 6 days out.

Breyean 03-25-2013 10:10 PM

OK, I'll play.

1. My VGC contract passed at $90 and we're about a week from getting the points loaded!

2. I'm adjusting to my pacemaker and am back running again, with the DL 1/2 Marathon targeted as my triumphant return. Actually, we got sucked into the Dumbo Double, so we'll be doing a 10K the day before my official triumphant return.

3. At the same race where I found out I needed a pacemaker (where else, at the W&D 1/2 Marathon last Nov) my 27 year old son "only" came in 17th overall. I say "only" because he typically runs much faster than he did that night, but he also had an excuse. A month later he had hip surgery (second time - one surgery per hip) and he hurt it at that race, but it sort of went under the radar as he spent his time worried about me. But he just started running again last week, also shooting for his triumphant return at DL for the Dumbo races.

So we are all pretty happy with the ay things are going lately.

Does that help?

wordwitt 03-25-2013 10:23 PM

Congrats!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breyean (Post 47911259)
OK, I'll play.

1. My VGC contract passed at $90 and we're about a week from getting the points loaded!

2. I'm adjusting to my pacemaker and am back running again, with the DL 1/2 Marathon targeted as my triumphant return. Actually, we got sucked into the Dumbo Double, so we'll be doing a 10K the day before my official triumphant return.

3. At the same race where I found out I needed a pacemaker (where else, at the W&D 1/2 Marathon last Nov) my 27 year old son "only" came in 17th overall. I say "only" because he typically runs much faster than he did that night, but he also had an excuse. A month later he had hip surgery (second time - one surgery per hip) and he hurt it at that race, but it sort of went under the radar as he spent his time worried about me. But he just started running again last week, also shooting for his triumphant return at DL for the Dumbo races.

So we are all pretty happy with the ay things are going lately.

Does that help?

That's great news! But why did you end up needing a pacemaker? Heart block? I have been dealing with palpitations my whole life, but the solution is ablation (but I'm only on meds). My dad has a pacemaker for heart block, though. I'm going to share your triumphant return with him!

bwvBound 03-25-2013 10:23 PM

Good news: I got my waitlist for 4 nights at VGC over Memorial Day holiday weekend!

Breyean 03-26-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordwitt (Post 47911353)
That's great news! But why did you end up needing a pacemaker? Heart block? I have been dealing with palpitations my whole life, but the solution is ablation (but I'm only on meds). My dad has a pacemaker for heart block, though. I'm going to share your triumphant return with him!

Four issues:

1. My heart, while at rest, skipped every third beat. When I ran I had no problem getting the rate up to where it needed to be. But at rest, every third beat was lost.

2. My right bundle branch is dead.

3. My resting heart rate was 33, and 25 while sleeping.

4. My upper and lower chambers would sometimes get out of synch, even while running, which was like getting punched in the chest.

Basically what started happening is I could run fine, except for the rare synch thing, but when I stopped my rate would crash really really quickly from say the 150s or so all the way down to the 30s.

I was under a cardiologist's care, and even had the surgery scheduled for the week I got back from W&D, but that race was the one that really convinced me there was something wrong. The other issues had been ongoing for a few years, and I ran marathons with them w/o any issues. But I guess things got progressively worse.

After both the DL 1/2 last Sep and the W&D in Nov, I almost fainted, and at the W&D I spent over an hour in the medical tent until some color came back into my face. I looked like a ghost in the post race photos, although I still felt fine at that point. Only after stopping and getting changed did I really lose it. Thanks to some helpful runners in the changing tent and the great medical staff for all your help!

So the pacemaker does several things for me.

1. It's set with a lower limit of 50 so I don't have that super low rate anymore. The upper limit is not controlled by it, so I can still get my rate into the 180s while running.

2. It allows a more gradual adjustment from the higher running rates to that 50 resting rate.

3. It synchs up the two chambers on those occasions when they don't do it on their own. This is where I feel better while running in the past couple of months. I don't have the punch in the chest if I go max speed which got my heart all crazy in the past.

bobbiwoz 03-26-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwvBound (Post 47911355)
Good news: I got my waitlist for 4 nights at VGC over Memorial Day holiday weekend!

Wow!

dbs1228 03-26-2013 08:25 AM

I will turn my bad news into good after getting ROFR'd on a great contract

1) we did SELL our 130 point SSR at a small profit even after commission and used 3 years of points for a 10 night stay at THV. :thumbsup2

2)I am not returning to WDW until mid 2014 since we have a cruise to Alaska this summer compliments of my parents who are taking the entire family and celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year by going to the Dominican with 10 friends staying in a 6 bedroom 6 bath villa all inclusive!:dance3:

3)Oldest DD graduates college and youngest DD graduates high school ;)

4) Trying to figure out what to do for DH's 50th in December - need something fun but running out of vacation time!:confused:

5) I get to start the hunt for more points all over again and maybe this time I will find my UY which is not a must but it would work better for us!

Illini Al 03-26-2013 07:50 PM

Good News: All those people who had their contracts ROFR'ed saved thousands of dollars!! :rolleyes1

PCMama 03-26-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illini Al
Good News: All those people who had their contracts ROFR'ed saved thousands of dollars!! :rolleyes1

That how I feel.. if mine gets rofr'd ill be $25k richer..

lorenni 03-26-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordwitt (Post 47911353)
That's great news! But why did you end up needing a pacemaker? Heart block? I have been dealing with palpitations my whole life, but the solution is ablation (but I'm only on meds). My dad has a pacemaker for heart block, though. I'm going to share your triumphant return with him!

Do you have SVT by any chance? Mine became apparent during pregnancy and has been off and on since then. The cardiologist talked about ablation but I'm not ready yet to go that route.

bobbiwoz 03-27-2013 10:35 AM

My good news is that when I checked on my resale to see if the sellers did send in or signed what they needed for the contract to go into ROFR, I found out that they did. So, our time to find out is around 4/15.:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.