The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A few questions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3085706)

disney-akj 03-25-2013 10:04 AM

A few questions

1) I have searched this forum. I seem pretty confident that there are life jackets on castaway cay for DS7. Is there life jackets at Atlantis at the beach area (not the water park area). Just wanted to double check.

2)Snorkel vests are still available for free, correct?

3) We have 11:00 port arrival time. Once we board the ship, my kids want to head straight for the aquaduck since this is our first time on one of the bigger ships and I figure lines will be shorter then (and will be wearing their swim suits under their clothing since we know luggage will not be available yet). Is lunch available on the pool decks too? We have usually just boarded and did the parrot cay buffet. So I was just curious if other food was available? Is this idea even possible??

tweis 03-25-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney-akj (Post 47902833)
1) I have searched this forum. I seem pretty confident that there are life jackets on castaway cay for DS7. Is there life jackets at Atlantis at the beach area (not the water park area). Just wanted to double check.

2)Snorkel vests are still available for free, correct?

3) We have 11:00 port arrival time. Once we board the ship, my kids want to head straight for the aquaduck since this is our first time on one of the bigger ships and I figure lines will be shorter then (and will be wearing their swim suits under their clothing since we know luggage will not be available yet). Is lunch available on the pool decks too? We have usually just boarded and did the parrot cay buffet. So I was just curious if other food was available? Is this idea even possible??

1. I know there are life jackets for pelican plunge but I do not know about others. Don't know about Atlantis.

2. Yes

3. Lunch is available on the pool deck at the quick service area. I'm pretty sure the Aqua Duck opens at 12 so you should be fine.

disney-akj 03-25-2013 03:36 PM

Thanks so much! Anyone know about Atlantis??

testtrackmaniacs 03-25-2013 03:39 PM

As far as the AquaDuck, it seemed to me that the lines got shorter as the week went on last week. Matter of fact, my DS rode it 10 times in about 30 minutes on the last night of the cruise.

Weedy 03-25-2013 03:42 PM

If you want more "adult food" you can go through the buffet line at Cabanas and then bring your try out by the pool. You can get kid food at Cabanas also or they can get fast food at the restaurants by the pool. Have fun.

disney-akj 03-25-2013 04:19 PM

Thanks! Everyone! I have just heard the aquaduck is pretty slow until luggage starts to be delivered to staterooms because most people don't have their swimsuit (if they don't know to pack them separately from the disboards:goodvibes) Maybe this is bad advice??

andrews_dad 03-25-2013 04:29 PM

i travel to atlantis yearly. there are racks and racks to free to use lifevests near pools.

disney-akj 03-25-2013 04:44 PM

What about the beach area with the DCL excursion? We will not be allowed at the waterparks or pools is my understanding??

disney-akj 03-26-2013 08:44 AM

Bump...hoping someone knows if life jackets are available on the Atlantis beach excursion. TIA