The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   parking at Dolphin? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3085599)

gottagetback 03-25-2013 01:12 AM

parking at Dolphin?
 
Dies anyone know if parking is free at the Dolphin? I'd like to take my mother over and show her around one day although we'll be staying at WBC.

dp911 03-25-2013 01:29 AM

No self and valet cost

patty57 03-25-2013 05:35 AM

Self parking is $15 (I think that's the amount). If you're going to Epcot one day, you could walk or take the boat at the International Gateway over to the Dolphin.

Lynne M 03-25-2013 06:35 AM

According to the hotel's website, it's $15 for self parking, $20 for valet.

POOHsie 03-25-2013 09:06 AM

When I stayed at the Dolphin, there was a small discount if your car had a handicap tag or placard.

gottagetback 03-25-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POOHsie
When I stayed at the Dolphin, there was a small discount if your car had a handicap tag or placard.

But no discount for AP, I'm guessing?

POOHsie 03-25-2013 11:53 AM

I never heard of an AP discount for the Dolphin parking. The Dolphin isn't a Disney-owned resort. I believe Shula's will cover your parking charge with a paid meal. If you have an ADR at BWI or BC/YC, you can park there and walk or boat over to the Dolphin. If you are at DHS, or at Epcot, you can get a boat from those parks to the Dolphin and back. I'm just trying to throw out ideas. Hope this helps.

gottagetback 03-27-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POOHsie
I never heard of an AP discount for the Dolphin parking. The Dolphin isn't a Disney-owned resort. I believe Shula's will cover your parking charge with a paid meal. If you have an ADR at BWI or BC/YC, you can park there and walk or boat over to the Dolphin. If you are at DHS, or at Epcot, you can get a boat from those parks to the Dolphin and back. I'm just trying to throw out ideas. Hope this helps.

Boating from EPCOT or HS is something I hadn't thought of. Thanks!

LSchrow 03-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottagetback (Post 47922777)
Boating from EPCOT or HS is something I hadn't thought of. Thanks!

just in case you didn't know:
EPCOT: you would enter at the front of the park (whether you park, take a WBC bus, or monorail from TTC), then need to walk thru future world to directly past twinning tea shoppe (England). on the right is international gateway (before WS bridge), go out exit, and on left are ferries (which go to BC/YC, BW, swan/dolphin). so it does take a bit of time, if you are on a schedule.
at DHS, you park/bus at the park, tram/walk to the area before bag check, and along the lake to get a ferry.

you could also walk to the swolphin from either park (about 20-25ish minutes).
if you are going to stay in the area for much of the day, it might be worthwhile to just pay for parking/valet - else you are going to spend quite a bit of time (and likely "foot wear";)) getting there.
hth


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.