The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Chocolate-filled boxes at Grand Flo (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3085418)

LegoMom3 03-24-2013 05:01 PM

Chocolate-filled boxes at Grand Flo

Weird question!....but, has anyone here come across the following anywhere at the Grand Floridian??

Somewhere on that property are some fabric-covered boxes (some round, some oval), filled with chocolates from an Orlando-based chocolatier. The boxes are gold on the bottom, green lid with gold "GF" logo on the top.

I make these at my work but have NO IDEA what they are for and dying to know!!
Based on the quantity we've sent out, I'm guessing perhaps either for Concierge-level gifts, or maybe something to do with the upcoming DVC options there.

Just love to know if anyone's come across them and what the GF is doing with them! :goodvibes

trishadono 03-24-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47897324)
Weird question!....but, has anyone here come across the following anywhere at the Grand Floridian??

Somewhere on that property are some fabric-covered boxes (some round, some oval), filled with chocolates from an Orlando-based chocolatier. The boxes are gold on the bottom, green lid with gold "GF" logo on the top.

Based on the quantity we've sent out, I'm guessing perhaps either for Concierge-level gifts, or maybe something to do with the upcoming DVC options there.

Just love to know if anyone's come across them and what the GF is doing with them! :goodvibes

As interesting as the chocolates are.... The "please stand clear of my coffee" is tooooo much:rotfl:. I can't see in the morning without it. Wish they made a shirt with that!

spiceycat 03-24-2013 06:43 PM

don't know.

does not sound like DVC - but with new management who knows?

maybe for a wedding - gifts for the wedding party?

cm8 03-24-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47897324)

I think I may have about 1or 2 of those left, we gave some from our stay away. I'm going to locate one and take a picture of it. Please let me know if it's what you are describing:wave2:

LegoMom3 03-25-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishadono (Post 47897920)
As interesting as the chocolates are.... The "please stand clear of my coffee" is tooooo much:rotfl:. I can't see in the morning without it. Wish they made a shirt with that!

Right?! I actually have one of those ceramic travel mugs with the monorail graphic but that phrase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cm8 (Post 47899025)
I think I may have about 1or 2 of those left, we gave some from our stay away. I'm going to locate one and take a picture of it. Please let me know if it's what you are describing:wave2:

Cool, thanks! :goodvibes

Gary M 03-25-2013 09:56 AM

We stayed at CL at the GF last Dec. and received a box of chocolates as a gift. I don't remember what the container looked like.

LegoMom3 03-26-2013 07:26 AM

just bumping....

cm8 03-26-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47913029)
just bumping....

I found 2 different boxes, 1 was brownish gold ribbon wrapped and stamped with GF . The other box has fabric like top and 3 green and gold stripped ribbons or cords coming across the top and GF printed on it, :confused3 I'm going to post a pic later when I get home:rolleyes1:flower3:

LegoMom3 03-26-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cm8 (Post 47920322)
I found 2 different boxes, 1 was brownish gold ribbon wrapped and stamped with GF . The other box has fabric like top and 3 green and gold stripped ribbons or cords coming across the top and GF printed on it, :confused3 I'm going to post a pic later when I get home:rolleyes1:flower3:

Those sound a bit different but who knows how the GF enhances them once they get them!

(by the way, cm8, just wanted to say I love your siggie. :thumbsup2 )

cm8 03-28-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47920640)
Those sound a bit different but who knows how the GF enhances them once they get them!

(by the way, cm8, just wanted to say I love your siggie. :thumbsup2 )

Thank you :goodvibes Here is the front and back of one of the boxes

I'll open it too if you want :rotfl:

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74b6b605.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...ps047b7b45.jpg

LegoMom3 03-28-2013 05:11 PM

Thanks for the pics! But sadly.... ::sigh:: ....those aren't them. Ours are green and gold and either round or oval.

I think next time I'm in the World, I'm going to go to the GF Guest Services desk and see if they know.

trishadono 03-28-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47940261)
Thanks for the pics! But sadly.... ::sigh:: ....those aren't them. Ours are green and gold and either round or oval.

I think next time I'm in the World, I'm going to go to the GF Guest Services desk and see if they know.

Dd and I will be at Poly 4/5/13 and she loves to shop at GF . I will look around and see if they are available for sale while I am there.

If I see them should I buy one?????

dvc at last ! 03-28-2013 05:17 PM

interesting....

LegoMom3 03-28-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishadono (Post 47940298)
Dd and I will be at Poly 4/5/13 and she loves to shop at GF . I will look around and see if they are available for sale while I am there.

If I see them should I buy one?????

Can't say! I know the chocolates are supposed to be fairly gourmet (well, it *is* GF!), but I couldn't vouch for them one way or another (other than that the boxes are quite nice and well-made....:rolleyes1).

If they're selling them (as opposed to being CL gifts or the like) I imagine they go for a pretty penny.

JoBird 03-29-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoMom3 (Post 47940261)

Ooh, I think I got one of those once!!pixiedust:

It was oval with the GF logo on the top and it had different little chocolates inside. We received it as a Bday present in the room for my DH in 2011 when we were staying in Sugar Loaf CL.

I don't think I have a picture of it anywhere but I'll look.

In December of last year we got the one that CM8 posted pics of as a welcome treat in room when we checked in at Sugar Loaf.

PS-- The box with the Bday chocolates was very very nicely made!;)